What's new

Something's wrong with sound and video...

Stoker

When im starting to play Resident Evil Code Veronica, there is a sound, but after passing few rooms my speakers are going deaf, the same problem is when its going under 20fps. Also i have problems with models textures, because during game the textures are messed up in random places, like background is in a various colours, Claire had once a pink trousers and some of the items are badly rendered or invisible. So whats going on ? is it because i need to configure emulator corectlly, or the CD's are a lil bit rubbish ?
Im using Chankast Alpha v0.25

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Let me guess, would you by any chance have an integrated Intel graphics chip?

OP
S

Stoker

You mean about graphic card ? Well, i really dont know but i think its not integrated. But if you want ill describe by PC
Intel Pentium 4 2,8ghz
Ati Radeon 9600xt series 256mb
516mb RAM

Clements

Chankast seems to run fairly poorly on Pentium 4 CPUs, even relative to comparable Athlon64 and Core 2 CPUs. Might simply be that. Your graphics card won't be a problem here. You could underclock the emulated CPU in Chankast to gain more performance, or you could get more performance with nullDC.

OP
S

Stoker

Well, i've downloaded NullDC 1.0.0 Beta 1.6 and had a problem with DirectX so also had to download the latest DirectX 9.0c and install it. Everything was good but after trying to load CD image system crashes and shows its because AFS2K.SYS file :/ .
As far as i go with it, more problems cames up... Anyway where can i find how to configure Demul ? When im loading CD its only trying to play audio.
Or maybe i'll just start to kill zombies listening to some good music, but these Spanish subtitles is killing me and i dont understand whats going on, so thats why i need to run it with normal sound :ranting: ...

Clements

That's a driver file for an optical drive. That shouldn't happen at all.

As an alternative, try running via a virtual drive like the Daemon tools.

1. Mount the image with Daemon tools first.
2. Set nullDC up to read from the virtual drive by selecting the zNullGD plugin from the Opions > Select Plugin, and then using the GD Rom drop down menu.
3. Go to Options > GDrom and select the virtual drive.
4. Then go System > Start.
5. Wait for a few seconds.

Tested here, works. As long as you have the BIOS files etc correctly named in the right folder, it should work.

Last edited: