What's new

something weird in SC

emcsquared

i had it working with slow fps, but still working. Then the next day after i loaded it on daemon tools, it read as an audio/music cd, so i did that boot-thingy and everything worked fine. Then the next day after that, i ran it again and all the colors are messed up, it turned mostly a purple shade. All characters had hair with purple, clothing, background, all shades of purple. Anyone know whats wrong? I never changed anything, never changed any settings.

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
emcsquared said:
i had it working with slow fps, but still working. Then the next day after i loaded it on daemon tools, it read as an audio/music cd, so i did that boot-thingy and everything worked fine. Then the next day after that, i ran it again and all the colors are messed up, it turned mostly a purple shade. All characters had hair with purple, clothing, background, all shades of purple. Anyone know whats wrong? I never changed anything, never changed any settings.

update your gfx driver...

OP
E

emcsquared

i read the whole thread, i already knew it was a vidcard problem, and all he said was that he fixed it, but i dont understand HOW he did it. *sigh* ill just keep playing around with my vidcard settings eventhough i changed nothing for SC to become all purplish. thx.

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
emcsquared said:
i read the whole thread, i already knew it was a vidcard problem, and all he said was that he fixed it, but i dont understand HOW he did it. *sigh* ill just keep playing around with my vidcard settings eventhough i changed nothing for SC to become all purplish. thx.

you uninstall the unofficial omega driver, and you install the official ati driver, is it clear enought ???

OP
E

emcsquared

I uninstall the unofficial omega driver, and I install the official ati driver, and I restarted, and i still get those purple shades :doh:

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
emcsquared said:
I uninstall the unofficial omega driver, and I install the official ati driver, and I restarted, and i still get those purple shades :doh:

how have you uninstall it ?

OP
E

emcsquared

on the start and then control panel then add or remove programs. i hope i didnt do it wrong >.<

sry, accident, posted empty

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
emcsquared said:
on the start and then control panel then add or remove programs. i hope i didnt do it wrong >.<

go to start, control panel, system, peripheral manager (or something like that) and here you must see your gfx card, click on the + before this line, a new line appear, then you delete this new line... and it's done... just reinstall your driver after that...

OP
E

emcsquared

i went to start, control panel, system, but i cant seem to find peripheral manager nor couldnt find it under any tab

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
emcsquared said:
i went to start, control panel, system, but i cant seem to find peripheral manager nor couldnt find it under any tab

in the part material... the buttons in the middle of the window, the right one...

OP
E

emcsquared

im so sry to use ur time but im really clueless. I dont understand what you mean by "in the part material". When i click start, control panel then system, these are the tabs i see: General, Computer Name, Hardware, Advanced, System Restore, Automatic Updates, Remote.

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
emcsquared said:
im so sry to use ur time but im really clueless. I dont understand what you mean by "in the part material". When i click start, control panel then system, these are the tabs i see: General, Computer Name, Hardware, Advanced, System Restore, Automatic Updates, Remote.

in the top of the windows, there is differents parts... select the part where you can see 3 icons... the buttons of the middle, the right one... i don't have an english operating system, so i don't know how it's written in yours...

OP
E

emcsquared

ok i found the tab with 3 icons, and i see buttons in the middle. The right button says Device Manager. I clicked on the + for my gfx card but i dont understand what to do next when you say, "click on the + before this line, a new line appear, then you delete this new line... and it's done..."

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
emcsquared said:
ok i found the tab with 3 icons, and i see buttons in the middle. The right button says Device Manager. I clicked on the + for my gfx card but i dont understand what to do next when you say, "click on the + before this line, a new line appear, then you delete this new line... and it's done..."

forget the +, juste click(1 or 2 time) on the line of your gfx card, then a new line should appear under your gfx card... right click on this new line and delete it

OP
E

emcsquared

when i click 2 times on my gfx card, no new line appears, it only opens up a properties window. I found my gfx card under Display Adapters, and when i click on the +, it shows Radeon 9000 Series and under that is Radeon 9000 Series - Secondary.

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
emcsquared said:
when i click 2 times on my gfx card, no new line appears, it only opens up a properties window. I found my gfx card under Display Adapters, and when i click on the +, it shows Radeon 9000 Series and under that is Radeon 9000 Series - Secondary.

it's this line you have to delete... it's your driver...

EDIT * secondary ??? delete the 2 radeon 9000 series !

Last edited: