What's new

someone who wants to help with dolphin

secretemu

Future Emu Creator Hopefully
hi,
I am very interested in c++ (Emu). I would love to help in any way possible.
To any1 who is involved with dolphin. plz reply. I tried to get an email address
but there was none there. :blush:

ps. my skills in c++ are a small bit limited because of inexperance (and my age) but i learn really really fast. :evil:
Thanks in advanced to any1 who replys. :party:

OP
S

secretemu

Can you please tell me how I send a private message :party:
Or give me an address :saint:

Nifty

Maybe you could start by summing up what you already accomplished.
And then you could MAYBE think about sending a pm to one of the authors.
I don't really think they want to be bugged by someone with little or no experience.

So what are your past projects? (anything emulation involved?)

JinXD

I've seen this far too often, if your programming skills are "small bit limited because of inexperance" then I'd advise checking out the programming section of emutalk >> http://www.emutalk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=30

I'm sure you'll find the 3 stickies more suitable if your thinking on starting to program an emulator....

OP
S

secretemu

When I said I had little experence I ment in emu BUT i do understand nearly
every thing you have to do to create it (carrying it out is the problem :paperbag: ) I can also make the app better by adding things like system tray icons :icecream:

I am not inexperanced at c++ although I might not have done any past work
basically I understand most, nearly every thing involved with it

(BUT THANKS FOR THE TIP) :party:

Last edited:
OP
S

secretemu

So what do I do Now. Everyone keeps telling me everywhere I go that I should show some past work first. If every1 said that no one would be able to start anywhere.
ps. dont mean to be cheekey

JinXD

If you want to speak to the Dolphin authors they're usually idling #dolphin-emu on efnet....

Trotterwatch

They are giving you some great advice to be honest. Programming an emulator is tough tough work. Programming an emulator for something like the GC is a challenge for an experienced programmer, nevermind a beginner.

Go start off small - don't try to run before you can walk.

If you are that confident though, go check out the source for Gcube and see if you can make some changes that improve the emulator. If you do that then we'll all eat humble pie - and tray icons though nice are not an important improvement :)

OP
S

secretemu

what kind of an emulator besides a gamecube one should i start on. thanks though. ps.even testing would be grand for the gc emu because my bro owns a computer shop and i have access to a lot of games. :icecream:

Last edited:

Nifty

"i do understand nearly every thing you have to do to create it (carrying it out is the problem)"

I'm sure half of this forum understands the "basics" of making an emulator, but really making one work is another thing.

"I can also make the app better by adding things like system tray icons"

No offence, but I really don't think that's the first concern of the Dolphin team at this moment :)

"So what do I do Now"

You can start by making an "easier" emulator like Chip8 or Gameboy. Now it seems like you want to run a marathon without the months of training that precede it :crazy:
That's what we mean when we say to show some previous work first.

Nifty

Like JinXD already said, have a look in the programming forum here on emutalk.
There a sticky about Chip8 as well as Gameboy.
Lots of documentation to be found about these systems :)
See you next year ;)

Super Noodle

If your serius, Search google for gcube, and find the source code for it on their website. If you can make any improvements their by looking at the code, Then post here.

blax

lol this is like "hey, let me help you, i dont know anything about the GC, but i hopefully i will get the new betas just because i know how to pretend some knowledge" :yucky:

blax

Pky

lol this is like "hey, let me help you, i dont know anything about the GC, but i hopefully i will get the new betas just because i know how to pretend some knowledge"

I think you're being too rude..