What's new

Somebody smart out there?

kabukibear

GRAAARR!!! NiGHTS!!! *sniff* someone help

Hi guys. Please don't flame me because I don't know much about the emulating field. The only emulators I've ever used were zsnes, heh.

Anyway, I'm trying to get the game NiGHTS to work right? I have cassini(I hope that won't offend some of you, I heard the controversial story behind it.) Anyway, I have nights in bin/cue format. It's the japanese version of nights so I got a japanese bios, used daemon tools to mount it, and tried to run it using the bin/cue feature in cassini set to the japanese region. It would give me the opening saturn screen, then give me the black screen with the big blue sega logo and text. Then, the window itself gets a little bigger and the screen goes black and nothing happens.

So I tried a few different things, using either the US bios or the EURO bios, sometimes the CD player for the saturn will come up and it will say the disc is unrecognizable with the CD+G thing where the play game deal would be. I can listen to the music, but that's about it. Various combinations lead to either of those two results. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I tried burning the bin/cue onto a cd and playing it off the cd, but I just get that screen where it says it's unrecognizable and freezes.

I would use SSF but my computer is older so doesn't support SSE2, and the other verious emulators crash when I tried to load the bios.

Does anyone have any idea of what I can do? Or am I hopeless? Hehe. Please respond!

Thanks!
~bear

Last edited:

Acorn

Yes, there is a solution - but "cassini" is very much not supported on these forums, sorry!