What's new

somebody plz help me

vyder

hey guys....ok, i am having some trouble with running resident evil 2. now before i post here, i just want to let u know that i have searched this forum for answers, but the answers are a bit unclear. let me run down what i have learnt and tried.

ok firstly i am running 1964 0.8.5. i also downloaded pj64 1.5 so that i could grab the rsp plugin. here is the start of the trickiness@! from what i have read, some ppl say to use this plugin from pj64, and others say i must use the unofficial daedulus plugin. so i went to the download section of this forum, and found the source code of the plugin and not the plugin itself (i have an unofficial daedalus plugin but i am not sure where i got it from and if it current and compatible). so anyways i have been trying out both.

i have tried using rice's daedalus plugin 4.6.0 and i tried using jabo's d36 1.5 and both seem to run it very well. I am also using azimers .30 plugin. now i get to the startup screen perfect but the sound is kinda screwed up.

well i choose leon, then medium violence, then blood colour (red).

when i hit start, i get the opening intro image of that zombie with more screwed up sound. i hit start to try and skip the intro and the screen goes black....then it freezes. so it doesnt work.

i just few questions.

1. which one of the rsp plugins must i use, and where can i find it? also what are the settings for the rsp plugin that i should use?
2. which one of the video plugins should i use?
3. which audio plugin must i use to get proper sound?
4. i am also using the basic controller plugin...is that ok?

thanks for your time guys.

Last edited:

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
As for the Daedulus plugin, always check the top of this forum....usually, it contains the latest version.

As for #1, here's a suggestion: Have you tried playing the game without using the RSP plugin? If not, try it. The RSP plugin can cause a lot screwball problems with games (especially audio problems), and therefore is only suggested for what it is listed for (for Low-Level Emulation Audio (some of the more basic audio plugins would need it), Banjo-Tooie, and JPEG).

As for #2, try each one and mess with the settings, but in all honesty, the most stable one you'll find is Jabo's D3D6 v.1.5 (or 1.4).

As for #3, the default plugin (Azimer's) will do just fine, but if not, do the same with #2.

As for #4, yeah, I suppose....as long you don't want to do major modifications or hotkeying (which then I would suggest N-Rage's plugin, which allows you to do that.)

OP
V

vyder

praise the lord!@ 59 views and one post..someone is watching LOL!@

thanx for the reply firestarter...i will try using 1964 without the rsp plugin, however from what i have read...they all say that i need to use it.

i have been able to run resident evil 2 in project 64 very well, with decent sound. i find that there are a lot of sound problems when using 1964, however that might be due to the rsp plugin as u had mentioned. i will try using the different video plugins.

jabos does very well, plays the intro cutscenes etc, but in project 64 its causes serious flickering. i will try it in 1964 and let u know how it goes :p.

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
All right....in that case, try checking/unchecking "Send Audio Lists to Audio Plugin" in the RSP Settings Panel. Maybe that'll make a difference.