What's new

Some questions on 1964...

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
I must warn you that I'm feeling REALLY out of it, so forgive me in advance. But I have some questions about 1964...

1. I keep reading about Zelda: OoT Master Quest. Does this mean that someone actually turned the game into a ROM? How???
2. Anyone figured out why the Majora's Mask transition to dawn screen goes black? NOT asking for a fix, just wonder that in the 9 months that I've been out of the loop, if someone figured that one out.
3. What are optimal plugins/specs for the following (I know I'm being lazy):
P4 3.2ghz
1gb 533DDR2 RAM
256 MB ATi Radeon X800 XT
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 OEM
4. Any other progress been made since I last been here? I mean, I know Rice has pretty much been focusing on other things (like real life, like I have), so I wonder if schibo or anyone else have done some stuff to the core or the like.
5. PilotWings 64 is playable, right?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
1. The ROM image of Zelda OOT MQ and the original OOT are inside the bonus disk that comes with Zelda Wind Waker for Gamecube. Nintendo uses a N64 emulator to make these games run on Gamecube. If you manage to make an ISO image of the bonus disk you can extract the Zelda MQ ROM from it.
2. It happens because the specific effect is not emulated by the GFX plugin so you just see a black screen.
3. It depends on the games you're trying to run.
4. Rice's video reached version 5.6.0 and Rice decided to stop its development (let's hope that he'll change his mind), Orkin released Direct64 (a GFX plugin that works only with video cards that support pixel shaders), Gonetz released Glide 64 v0.7 SP7 and Hacktarux released Mupen64 v0.4, a new glide wrapper that is included in the latest Glide64 release and released the source code of a software GFX plugin that runs Mario 64 pretty well but its quite slow (you can get it from sourceforge).
5. Of course it is ;)

OP
firestarter

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
Ah, Direct64 sounds interesting, especially since I now got a system that does pixel shading...but what I meant was the emulator itself. Anything new on that?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Turn self rendering textures off and MM's black screen won't be as painful. its over quick and doesn't really hinder your game much.