What's new

Some of the games are running to fast.

Yugi

Ever since I got a new PC. I had a good time with emulating MAME 100% and N64 games so far. But some of them run too fast. Here are my specs.

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+ 2.20 GHZ
512 MB RAM down to 448
integrated Radeon xpress 200
Sound is something integrated I don't know.

Is there a way to slow them down? I am using the default plugins too.

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
Turn off Frameskip... press F4. If that doesn't work, turn on advanced settings, then press F4.

TRS

try checking "sync game to audio" (or some similar option) in the audio plugin. This forces the game to sync to audio and should be more accurate then the F4 option.

Googol

^^ Yeah, but frameskip's supposed to be off all the time. If he has it turned on, then it'll still be the problem. Also, sync game to audio has it's problems.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
there is no frameskip option in pj64.. please read support on new site for some info and help with this.

Googol

^^ I meant the "Limit FPS" option, which acts like a frameskip toggle, despite the fact that it really isn't. I just tend to use that term for it.

OP
Y

Yugi

Thanks guys. That worked. Syncing the audio did a good job at getting things to be normal speed.

Kohza

For me when I synched audio. It made the game laggy in areas, whenever i interact with something it'd lag.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Googol said:
^^ I meant the "Limit FPS" option, which acts like a frameskip toggle, despite the fact that it really isn't. I just tend to use that term for it.
Um, no. Limit FPS just prevents your system from drawing more than 60 frames in a second, if your pc can draw 5 times that and you release "limit fps" you now get 300fps, its skipping absolutely nothing.