What's new

software to enhance PC game graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamcastFan

I need a program that can be run to enhance a PC game graphics, like smooth the whole gameplay or add scanlines and stuff. Why? Because I'm play The Typing of The Dead, and the graphics suck, so I want to smooth it out. Anyone know of any?

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
its called the 'buy a new graphics card' program. It's acclaimed to every pc owner who have tried it. :p

revl8er

That Damn Good
With that gfx card, you really can't expect to have that great of performance on gaming. The best way is for you to buy a new card.

OP
DreamcastFan

DreamcastFan

no, the typing of the dead is an old game, it has the same graphics of house of the dead. Even if I buy a new graphics card it won't do no good, unless it comes with a software that lets you smooth the gameplay graphics or soemthing like that. now stop embarrassing yourselves

WhiteX

we are embarassing ourselves!?
you know what, for "smoother graphs" run it on 1600X1200 and see if your vid card can handle "da bomb".
download rivatuner from guru3d.com, force antialiasing and anisotropic filter and check if you can stand up to the heat, kid!
Oh! FYI the typing of the dead have the same graphs as the house of the dead TWO, released for the dreamcast.

OP
DreamcastFan

DreamcastFan

I know it's house of the dead 2 graphics, I was too lazy to put in 2. And you can't change the graphics resolution. There's no option in the game that lets you change the resolution

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
There is no generic way to make a game look better other than forcing Anti-Alias and Ansitropic filtering up - the resolution is generally a per game setting. "Smoothness" is generally an upgrade only thing, seriously if your card can't do it smooth now no amount of settings will change that, House of the dead 2 or typing of the dead is hardly revolutionary graphics.

Here's a game running on my rig that has Fur Rendering, which runs pretty smooth to prove the power of the graphics card and how big a difference it can make!

(the one in the attachments is halfed in size, if you want the original pic go here)

The Geforce 4 mx is a rubbish card and am not suprised the speed you get is not smooth.

OP
DreamcastFan

DreamcastFan

dude I think I know my card sucks I'm not retarded. And I'm not saying that my card can make graphics look better or anything. But I think if emulators can make the rom graphics really smooth like the "SuperEagle" blitter and the "Screen Smoothing" feature on my ePSXe emulator, then there's maybe a software out there that can do the same thing to a PC game, like smooth the whole screen or something

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
thats bcause its an emulator!!
my god this is just the worse thread ive ever come across, just accept u need a new graphics card!

dukenukem

lord freiza
Well try and look at ya pc monitor with those 3d glasses remeber those like the one that comes with sly 3 and even came with some nes game,ya gfx will be trippin buy may not look god.

OP
DreamcastFan

DreamcastFan

DarthDazDC said:
thats bcause its an emulator!!
my god this is just the worse thread ive ever come across, just accept u need a new graphics card!
I already told you I know my card sucks do you know how to read? And I'll say this again since you don't seem to understand. Buying a new graphics card won't make the game look better. It's an old game, a new graphics card can't make an old game look better got it? what are you? 13 yrs old? this thread is not stupid, but the post you just made is quite stupid

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
so u want to get personal? ok
For sum1 who has dreamcast has his title must be in his late 20's wiv no record of sexual intercourse or even a friendly releationship with a girl, and even if u tried with a man u'd fail miserably. Only ur avatar brings u the closeest u will ever get to touching a girl, so i dont wanna be by ur computer where all the sticky stains are around ur comp, but it must be hard, usin ur pinky finger to do it.
Now the graphics card is crap, if u had a better one the graphics would be rendered to look better based on the shaders and graphics of what the graphics card can do. Lookin at the specs ur only meet the medium settings for the game, get a better card and it'll look better. It doesnt matter if its an old game, if u get a better card it will look different, trust me. And i'm 16 by the way takin an a level in double IT and gettin an A in it, so before u spend 15mins tryin to be on the offensive, think about wot ur gonna say, then dont, and just agree wiv wot myself and wot other people are saying.

Last edited:

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
DreamcastFan said:
dude I think I know my card sucks I'm not retarded. And I'm not saying that my card can make graphics look better or anything. But I think if emulators can make the rom graphics really smooth like the "SuperEagle" blitter and the "Screen Smoothing" feature on my ePSXe emulator, then there's maybe a software out there that can do the same thing to a PC game, like smooth the whole screen or something

so youve never heard of Anti-Aliasing then? most graphics cards have it these days and it does wonders.

but so you know, the GF4 sucks for AA, itll grind to a halt, so best do what these people say n buy a decent card.

OP
DreamcastFan

DreamcastFan

DarthDazDC said:
so u want to get personal? ok
For sum1 who has dreamcast has his title must be in his late 20's wiv no record of sexual intercourse or even a friendly releationship with a girl, and even if u tried with a man u'd fail miserably. Only ur avatar brings u the closeest u will ever get to touching a girl, so i dont wanna be by ur computer where all the sticky stains are around ur comp, but it must be hard, usin ur pinky finger to do it.
Now the graphics card is crap, if u had a better one the graphics would be rendered to look better based on the shaders and graphics of what the graphics card can do. Lookin at the specs ur only meet the medium settings for the game, get a better card and it'll look better. It doesnt matter if its an old game, if u get a better card it will look different, trust me. And i'm 16 by the way takin an a level in double IT and gettin an A in it, so before u spend 15mins tryin to be on the offensive, think about wot ur gonna say, then dont, and just agree wiv wot myself and wot other people are saying.
no im 17, and i got a girl. my name is dreamcastfan because when i first joined this forum i was only interested in the dreamcast section. stop flaming in my thread, dont you got anything better to do? you said my thread was stupid and i said yur post is stupid. where did you come up with the idea that i got personal? as for the anti aliasing thing, i dont need a new card to do it, i can use rivatuner and it works

Last edited:

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
ok i admit i went a little OTT before, but i havent said stupid in this thread at all. if u can use rivatuner, y post here?

OP
DreamcastFan

DreamcastFan

because anti aliasing is not what im talking about. I already know how to use anti aliasing. I wanted a program that can do the screen smoothing effects and the supereagle feature like in ePSXe. and by going into my thread and saying it's the worst thread you've ever seen, you might as well just say it's stupid.

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
thats because its an emulator, emulating hardware to run games, wot ur playing isnt an emulator, ur playin it on a real system so u cant.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Goddamn people, quit being a bunch of fucktards.

He's referring to texture filtering, which is absent from the PC version. It can't be added by a simple program, though, so there's nothing you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.