What's new

Smooth without modifier

MisterAnonym

It´s me again. And I need some help again. I figured out how to add mesh smooth with the help of some members here. No there´s another problem. I added a "edit mesh modifier" on my falcon 2, and welded all vertices. The product is shown below. The gun looks smoothed however I didn´t add a smooth modifier. How can I delete such smoothing (look at the silencer or the other end at the bolt). It looks unreal. Please help me. I searched here in the forum but it seems that no other person has the same problem than I do.

Link0

Hero of Time
i got stuck at that part too once

it's quite simple
increase the iterations by a tad (with every unit it adds polygons so don't go too high!)

OP
M

MisterAnonym

Thanks for your answer. What´s a "tad"? There is no option which can increase the level of repetitions (I only found it at the mesh smooth modifier, but as stated at the top, I didn´t add a ms modifier and it looks smoothed though.)

Link0

Hero of Time
it looks smoothed because 3ds max can apply the lightning properly
to smooth it you must use meshsmooth

OP
M

MisterAnonym

Would someone please post a step by step explanation how to do it? I got the german version of 3ds max and it´s pretty difficult for me to translate and find the fitting functions. So after I imported my model and flipped the normals, what do I have to do?