What's new

Smiff, or anyone else who knows the rdb well

Allnatural

This seems like a long shot, but is it possible to set seperate menu and in-game resolutions? I'm trying to find the perfect settings for Duke Nukem: Zero Hour (PAL). I found two that work well, one in the menus and one in-game.:lookaroun

The only reason I suggest this may be possible is because I've found a couple of games (i.e. Rayman 2) that have multiple res settings in the rdb. :plain:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
no i discussed this with Jabo before we did it (setting in RDB was my idea) it was not included to force wonky PAL reses, it was for those few fixed res NTSC games that stubbornly refused to autodetect right, like er.. well theres half a dozen or so US games that i set, mostly sports ones. the reason some games have multiple res entries with pairs commented out is that i did both high res and low res before deciding which to pick, and though more techy users might find it interesting to know the other value, thats all.. some games its a compromise i know, i usually went for correct in-game. PAL is just a disaster ok, f*** up, just forget about PAL lol. I will fix everything that can be fixed cleanly in SP1, but for games with dynamic or (especially) mixed res your usually better off not doing anything :p

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

Gotcha.:thumbsup:

I'm hating the PAL roms too. I've updated most of my games to NTSC, but I left DN:ZH only because the US version is screwy.:lookaway:

Oh well.;)