What's new

Smash Bros Melee Glitch - Koopa Troopa HAX

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
Hey, guys. I'm using the 4460 64 bit version of Dolphin on Windows 7 and I get a weird glitch where invisible koopa troopas suddenly appear and "go-go gadget" their legs at me. It seems to happen in Adventure mode only with Octoroks having a similar problem. Sometimes when I win a match in VS mode the winning character freaks out too. It's quite a site in motion. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Oh, and my specs are as follows.

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHZ
Nvidia 8600GS
3GB DDR2 RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

As entertaining as it is, it stops being funny after ten minutes of trying to beat the first level...help me. ha ha ha.

Sparkster3782

I am encountering the same issue. I am using nearly the exact same setup as Jessman. I have Windows 7 Professional and only 2 GB of RAM.

I have noticed that the Koopa Troopas are very connected to this problem. I have enable and disabled many options, but Dolphin does not change. Has anyone found a solution?

OP
jessman(reborn)

jessman(reborn)

Not to push, but 39 views and only one reply? I used to always get answers here, but either no one knows anything in regards to the two questions I ask a year, or these forums have changed because I always seem to have the issues that can't be dignified with a fix, or even a response. Don't flame me, please. Dolphin is a wonderful emulator and I couldn't have dreamed of a better way to carry Smash Bros or Twilight Princess on my laptop, but this glitch isn't there in previous versions, but unplayable speeds are more of an issue. Is there someone who can help?

Last edited:
OP
jessman(reborn)

jessman(reborn)

Hey, thanks, Toasty. :D I didn't mean to have a tantrum there. VERY helpful link. This glitch wasn't in rev 3972, so maybe no one's simply noticed it yet. At any rate, I posted the issue, so let's see what happens...

OP
jessman(reborn)

jessman(reborn)

Thanks, but I've already tried both plugins with the same effect. It's gotta be some kind of change in the code, or maybe a speed hack that's just slightly unstable. Oh, well. I can wait. :ninja:

X-Fi6

The problem's affecting me too, and I have practically opposite specs.

AMD Phenom 9950+ 2.6GHz
Sapphire VAPOR-X Radeon 3870 with 1gb GDDR4
4gb DDR2-1066
Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit

This bug wasn't here on the last build I used, but I can't remember the build and I already deleted it. x_x Playing Adventure Mode in Melee isn't something you'd get the idea of doing after checking out + compiling a new build.

Last edited: