What's new

Slower than slow (?)

Fool

Me
Hi I am new here and I have a problem. When I run any game on Dolphin 1.02 and I want to change any GFX settings The game gets slower (Exg: ZELDA WW normally runs at 2-4 fps. After change try I runs at 0.5-0.6 fps) It is a know issue ? What way to repair it ?

Pky

What gfx settings you mean? There are some pc's that when you change to REF it doesn't let you play the game and crash instead... But i don't know what gfx setting you talk about.

OP
Fool

Fool

Me
I mean GFX plugin settings exg: wireframe and thing like that.
attachment.php

ector

Emulator Developer
Sounds strange.. shouldn't happen. Try to get the latest drivers for you graphics card.

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
ector said:
Sounds strange.. shouldn't happen. Try to get the latest drivers for you graphics card.

Actually, I was avoiding telling you this because I thought it was known.. but, it happens to me as well. Although, my videocard has it's newest drivers and it's to no effect. Oh well, I just set everything up before-hand and ignore Wireframe. :p

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
ector said:
* ector slaps around Vile324 with a large trout

Yes, well, I did think it was already known. :paperbag:

Either way, it's not that big an error unless you want to use Wireframe.

OP
Fool

Fool

Me
Well I have new drivers installed. GFX of the games looks better but nothing happend with problem. Anyway I do not have any game what need wirefram to work. I want to use it to get better speed or see textures.

RockoWallaby

well darn. oh, its not the 64bit chip yet, but the speed is right.
with dynarec enabled the video is a little messy but the speed increases. playing a time attack so you are the only car on the track on Double Dash is almost playable... almost :party:

RockoWallaby

Yikes. Hurry up team, start plugging some of those optimizations in :happy:
Although, Compatibility is quite high for an early emulator. keep up the great work

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
RockoWallaby said:
Yikes. Hurry up team, start plugging some of those optimizations in :happy:
Although, Compatibility is quite high for an early emulator. keep up the great work

For one thing, Ector is bogged down with University work at the moment. Give him some time, he'll pull out of it sometime. :p

Either way, they've put all the optimizations in for the time being which they can make. [Or have time to make right now.] Ector mentioned he was experimenting with a new Dynarec core, but it will take some time to develop. ;)

Compatibility is very high for the amount of progress into the emulator. Maybe in the future we'll see a larger compatibility increase?

OP
Fool

Fool

Me
Heh. Not "maybe". I'm sure the compatibily will be larger in next relase.