What's new

slow problem.

Portista

Hey new to the site.

I have several emulators for super nintendo etc. But recently my bro got the n64 onto his comp.

My comp however is older. A windows xp. So I downloaded the project 64 emulator.

But it didn't work at first but I than added all the plug ins.

Video (graphics) plugin: gln64 v0.4.1
Audio (sound) Plugin: Asimer's HLE Audio v0.56 WIP 1
Input (controller) Plugin: KeyBoard Plugin by DM

I can see, I can hear and I can move, but its really laggy.

Like I mentioned,its a window xp, the speed on it is pretty good actually dispite the age.

Does anybody know how to solve this? I'll be looking over this topic constantly.

Samurai Snack

PJ64 Cheat Master
Could you do a DxDiag and copy and paste it here?

Start Menu > Run > DxDiag

Save it and copy and paste it here and we can further assess what your problem could be.

OP
P

Portista

dxdiagsc3.png

Is this it?

OP
P

Portista

Is that Bad? lol

I really don't know when was the last time I did lol. can you give me a link or something to upgrade the directx? Will it make this better for the n64 aswell?

the master 123

most game will be slow on that my sister is using a similar graphic card(except wit agp texture acceleration isn't available) with a 2.6 celeron. Some games were playable without slowdown, game like perfect dark were very slow though. The celeron are discount verison of the respective processor(you case pentium 4 maybe 3) and won't perform as well as the a normal processor so that can also be the case in some games.

HellsBound

N64 Textures
Dont you think that Intel cards will make you run slow. I had a SiS 32mb when i got my new computer now i got a Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX 768mb i run millions times better.

Get a better video card.

No point about it.

the master 123

It might be how the direct x see the card memory, the intel card(intergate) take memory as they need it with a minium amount use(My intel take a min of 8mb average of 10mb and a max of 128mb(I use a dual graphic system though on my laptop) for example. I don't have accurate enough info to determeine what is your chipset but what I could spelete is that you only have apg 4x to go with and that might be the max memory of that card also. Do you know the manufactor and model number so I can conform this info. You might be able to software emulate 3d for some 64 game(I don't know a plugin that can do this though) that might help but with a celeron 1300 don't be thinking you can play many game though. I don't think the direct x upgrade would help too much anyways as it won't support the feature of 9. My sister computer intel card is 2 year old and it only supports direct 6 features and there is limitation there for pj64 game(some graphic glitches and slow down) I find more out but I at college before class and need to go.

Clements

gln64() v0.4.1 is an OpenGL plugin, so updating DirectX will not affect it (video drivers however should). I doubt that the Intel chip can really handle glN64() anyway, so I would use Jabo's D3D6 1.5.2 and update to Windows XP SP2 (and thus DX9.0c). If it still lags, then use 1964 instread of PJ64.