What's new

Skipping Problem

AzNStYleZ

RPG Crack Addict
I seem to be having a problem w/ my sound for PJ64, on like large rooms like the Market in OoT the screen seems to lag and in cinematics as well and the sound is always skippy and choppy the only time the gameplay is really smooth is in like a really small room... help plz? anyone? :cry:

I think it's your CPU, you can try deferent setting's.

Turn off Sync game to audio for more speed but Zelda will have
cracking audio:cry:

you can also try a deferent GFX plugin's or setting's (Note: 1964 runs better on slower system's)

OP
AzNStYleZ

AzNStYleZ

RPG Crack Addict
:doh:
800 Mhz is slow?
Ive seen people w/ 450 w/ less problems, i tried syncing that didn't work tho :/ still slow and crackly anyone else got any suggestions?

OP
AzNStYleZ

AzNStYleZ

RPG Crack Addict
Also, metroid 1964 Doesnt work on my system well i cant get the plugins to work anyway, but ill consult the 1964 forum for that problem,
thx again for ur suggestion metroid!
:D :satisfied

I forgot to add the market is slow and choppy on may PC also.:blush:
But what GFX plugin are you using and what are the setting's?

OP
AzNStYleZ

AzNStYleZ

RPG Crack Addict
Im using JaboDirect3D6 1.5 and the sound is Jabo DirectSound 1.5
(Default ones)

Clements

How about using Azimers Audio 0.40 beta 2 with the 'sync gameplay to audio' option enabled. Should be a lot faster as it is a HLE plugin rather than LLE.

OP
AzNStYleZ

AzNStYleZ

RPG Crack Addict
Thanks for that suggestion but its just worse now.... i tried alot of different audio plugins but they just dont seem to work as good as Jabo's and thats not even that good :(

Stupidity_Emu

Actually, no. Azimar's plugins seems to crackle more and slows down emulation more even sync game to audio than jabo's directsound.

midiguy

I have the same problem on my p3 600 mHZ. It seems that the video plugin is faster than the audio plugin (go figure! and it doesn't really matter what audio plugin I use, or what emulator, although 1964 does seem to be a litttttle faster).

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
The market used to be really choppy for me...but it's not anymore. I don't know what has changed since then...have you tried glide64?

It's almost certaintly your cpu or gfx card.

You can get Glide64 to work with a glide-wrapper (evoodoo is the only good working one for this plugin).

About 1964: The best way to get it to work on your system is using 1964. You said it doesn't work, but I think I know your problem.

1) Copy Jabo's video to the 1964 plugin-dir.
2) Select it at plugin options.
3) Enjoy!

OP
AzNStYleZ

AzNStYleZ

RPG Crack Addict
LOL Im sooooo stupid! :doh: :doh: :doh:
I didnt have a plugin folder set for 1964 thx alot mightyrocket
:D

Local

Skipping

:daedalus: I think your going to get some skipping no matter what. I had harly any skip at the beginning then as i fiddled about with the pj64 emu i got loads of skip... i reinstalled the emulator and opened rsp plugin options i changed my CPU stlye to Recomplyer that cut 75% of the skipping down dont know how or why .. but you could try doing that... im using the defauly plugin BTW anyways....... let me know if you find out any ways of cutting down skip

OP
AzNStYleZ

AzNStYleZ

RPG Crack Addict
Ok, im not at my house right now but ill try reinstalling it when i get there thanks alot local!:drool: Hope it works