What's new

Skies of Arcadia

scbwdt

cuda7171 said:
my nonecholon skies of arcadia works almost perfect until you access the menu. are you guys saying that if i use this patch on a echelolon style cdi, skies of arcadia will work fine?

im sure you got the tal-soa(very first SOA released by talon), its non working rip.. yes it seems like it works perfect, but it will not work later on the game, most likely freeze. the reason is this talon version is originally 6 cd release. they divide each original game disk into 3 cd. their idea was to swap the cd on some point of the game to make it playable.. but problem is no one knows the swap point.. and nature of this game wont allow swap because its too complicated like echelon said.
and here is the hint for ya... TAL-SOAD1CD1 means first cd of disk1 and TAL-SOAD1CD2 means second cd of disk1. the only fully working release of SOA is echelon version :bye3:

Cid

I apply the patch and did get the smaller file, crc32: 0x621d8ddd.
I then try to use FastBoot to make the cd. When I load the game, all that it show is a black screen with the fps counter. Did I do something wrong? :bye3:

aika-san

I can understand that this method gets past the echelon intro and into the game. :happy: could someone verify whether it fixes the 'black screen inventory exit' bug as this is the major problem with the game. :whistling

thanks, in advance

Konte

Cid said:
I apply the patch and did get the smaller file, crc32: 0x621d8ddd.
I then try to use FastBoot to make the cd. When I load the game, all that it show is a black screen with the fps counter. Did I do something wrong? :bye3:

Hi..Same problem here,black screen :paperbag:

cuda7171

Banned
after appling it to the echelon rip ,i too got the black screen. i read somewhere 1streads are game specific. its probably not for my game. thanks for the SOA game info. hopefully it will fix itself in the next version of chankast. SOA is too cool to leave on the not working list

Chon

I mounted SOA echelon rip CD1, and copied everything to fastboot\DATA folder, than I overwrote the 1st_read.bin, with the patched 1st_read.bin, than i launched b2b_game.bat, and it created the image.cdi file...
But i got only the black screen

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
n00by duddy said:
are you sure you made your image self bootable?
hmm... if they hadn't made selfbootable image, they would have the dreamcast audio cd screen...

ps : i have downloaded your ips patch, it's a 3,9 mb file (unpacked), and of course it's not full of original code :whistling, but since you don't share the original file in his original form it's fine, at least for me...
i just hope you haven't planned to make futur 700+mb ips patch to make working .cdi file ;)

Manias

same thing here... correct crc's and everything. The new image starts like the old one, shows the dreamcast animation, then the sega logo with "consolevision" below it.. just like the echelon rip 1stread.bin would. Then the screen goes black.. where the boot menu would show up.. Nooby duddy what ip.bin did you use? or none where fastboot asks u if it wants to make one? (that's what i did..) Give us a detailed walkthrough if u can :p