What's new

Skies of Arcadia

OP
R

Rodders

Banned
Right I'm going to buy this game off the net and rip it myself. I should have it in the next couple of weeks and ill upload it to my website for people to download :p cuz this game is fucking amazing.

Guru64

Rodders said:
Right I'm going to buy this game off the net and rip it myself. I should have it in the next couple of weeks and ill upload it to my website for people to download :p cuz this game is fucking amazing.

Edit your post before you get banned...

Strange

2 Rodders
You can fix your eshelon rip with replacing 1st_read.bin from normal version - i did it, works fine for me now...

n00by duddy

Strange said:
2 Rodders
You can fix your eshelon rip with replacing 1st_read.bin from normal version - i did it, works fine for me now...

humm i have this 1st_read.bin from the original game (us-c)
i would gladly share it if i'm allowed to....
and if i'm allowed to, may i request the 1st_read.bin of grandia2us (NOT ECHELON)

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
DCownz said:
Could u share the original 1st_read.bin plz id really appreciate it as long as its not against the forum rules.

you must not asking that, or you will be banned ! edit your post...

n00by duddy

are you a mod nightmare? i ask cuz you act so....
may i ask you to mind your own business and give a chance to the ops to do their job
like most pple here i read the rules, and nothing about 1st_read.bin is mentioned
afaik this is not a copyrighted material and we could see this as a patch to convert an echelon rip into a proper one and end the begging about echelon compatibility
(and sega gave up about dreamcast more than 2 yrs ago so you can't really call this stuff warez)

stay out of the way nightmare!
please ops would you mind a reply about the 1st_read.bin? thx

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
n00by duddy said:
are you a mod nightmare? i ask cuz you act so....
may i ask you to mind your own business and give a chance to the ops to do their job
like most pple here i read the rules, and nothing about 1st_read.bin is mentioned
afaik this is not a copyrighted material and we could see this as a patch to convert an echelon rip into a proper one and end the begging about echelon compatibility
(and sega gave up about dreamcast more than 2 yrs ago so you can't really call this stuff warez)

stay out of the way nightmare!
please ops would you mind a reply about the 1st_read.bin? thx
no, i'm not a mod, but i'm here for quite a time to know they will ban you if you ask that, trust me... i don't tell you this for nothing...
since this file has been created by a dev team for a game, it is copyrighted... and illegal to share it... even if it's old...
if you still don't trust me... ask to a mod by a PM...
or read this closed thread :
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=22490

Last edited:

n00by duddy

hello, i'm back
I somehow managed to get the 1st_read.bin from the famous echelon version of skies of arcadia. having a non echelon rip as well, i could make an ips to convert the echelon rip of SoA into a rip working on chankast
the patch must be applied into the extracted 1st_read.bin from the echelon rip, then you must remake the image.
now the bad news is the patch is way to big (1.5Meg zipped) for me to host it on my webspace
so if anyone is interested in hosting it, let me know
this patch is not a rom and it can not be considered a copyrighted material, if mods decide that this patch is not allowed there nonetheless, then just close this thread

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Rodders said:
I thought he just was joking, because of his :p... but someone banned him... don't understand...

cuda7171

Banned
my nonecholon skies of arcadia works almost perfect until you access the menu. are you guys saying that if i use this patch on a echelolon style cdi, skies of arcadia will work fine?

n00by duddy

cuda7171 said:
my nonecholon skies of arcadia works almost perfect until you access the menu. are you guys saying that if i use this patch on a echelolon style cdi, skies of arcadia will work fine?

yes, the not-echelon rip is working better
1. mount your cdi image on a virtual drive
2. browse your virtual drive and copy all the content into a folder of your hard drive (fastboot folder)
3. apply the above patch on the file 1st_read.bin
4. remake the cdi image with fastboot

fastboot has been posted on this board with further instructions to remake the image
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=22999&highlight=Fastboot

Last edited:
S

SegaGamer

what ips patcher should i use cos the one i used said it wasnt a valid ips file

n00by duddy

I've used lunar ips to make the patch and it's working ok
make sure your 1st_read.bin has the correct crc32: 0xfaa06637 (echelon version)
you must end up with a slightly smaller file, crc32: 0x621d8ddd (not echelon version)