What's new

Sinking sound/video in Goldeneye

Kethinov

Hi. I'm trying to get Goldeneye running properly in 1964 and it just won't take. I've used quite an array of combined plugins and nothing seems to do it.

Either I get the sound working perfectly and the video is choppy or the other way around. Can anyone help me out as the best way to config myself so I can play Goldeneye?

Goldeneye runs fine for me!
(but some glitches in the sky)

1964 1.8.5
Jabo's Direct3D 1.5 (not advance options used)
Zilmar* Audio 0.13b

***EDIT: I mean Azimer, not Zilmar. Thanks mightyrocket.

Last edited:
OP
Kethinov

Kethinov

K, downloaded and am using Azimer's audio 0.13b and Jabo's Direct3D 1.5. graphics are flawless but sound is all screwed up. it plays the first .5 seconds of the opening music and repeats it over and over.

mightyrocket said:

He means Azimer's audio 0.13b.

Thanks misghtyrocket.

Originally posted by Kethinov
5 seconds of the opening music and repeats it over and over

But... it repeats over and over although you bypass the intro? Perhaps it's an Audio Plugin problem: check (or unchek if it's cheked) Ai Hack and uncheck the others. Also, put the buffer size at the default point. If that doesn¡t work for you, download Azimer Audio 0.30 (i think that's the version) and try it. Hope!

*EDIT: I know Azimer's audio 0.30 (that has two versions: beta and revsioned) it's newer than 0.13b, but this is faster... and wonderful for old CPUs like mine ^^.

Last edited:
OP
Kethinov

Kethinov

no good
just like i said at the beginning of my post, even with those plugins i can only seem to get either the sound or the audio working properly. not both at the same time. :(

Could it be an IRQ problem? Can you check if both video and sound cards share the same IRQ? If your answer is YES and you have had problems with other games too, perhaps you should change the cards' IRQ by moving the sound card through the different PCI slots.

**Edit: Checked ortography. Sorry, I'm not English speaker.

Last edited:
OP
Kethinov

Kethinov

The gfx card was installed last month. I got the drivers online. So its updated. The sound was 6 months ago. Can't be too dated.

This problem only happens with Goldeneye.. well sort of.

I am somewhat of a game junkie; I have several emulators. I've been using PRJ64 to play Ocarina of time, mario64, and other games and its worked just fine. But Goldeneye lagged badly. So I read some posts in this forum and basically the consensus around here is that 1964 is what you need to use to play Goldeneye.

Well I grabbed the newest 1964 version and you know the rest.

The game works better but its not much of an improvement

At best, I can play the game; just with no sound.

To answer your question further, I use epsxe to emulate playstation games and among other games, FF7 and 8 run flawlessly. They're pretty graphics intense especially with the FMV scenes so I can't imagine my problem being hardware.

Especially since I'm a Quake3/jk2o junkie :)

I know what's up with the sound. I have the European (E) version and I suposse you have the US (U) version. It may be that. Get an European version from somewhere (legally obviously :D) an try.

OP
Kethinov

Kethinov

Well I do have the US version, me being a US citizen.. why would that make a difference? The game played fine in my real N64 :-\

I don't know, but I remember when the Nintendo64 emulation was a dream and lotta people used to play with Nemu and UltraHLE, some games like Starfox64 needed to be US version, not European one. In the European version speech were not heared. It could be similar to this problem :\

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
ySS said:
I know what's up with the sound. I have the European (E) version and I suposse you have the US (U) version. It may be that. Get an European version from somewhere (legally obviously :D) an try.
*Cough* you can't get a commercial rom from anywhere legally.

Yeah, but if he has the original game (u) it would be illegal to take the (e) version from anywere at internet? :\ It's the same game basically.

What a shame!!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It's even illegal to download a game you actually own. So it doesn't matter.
The law, however, does allow backups to be made...so roms aren't really illegal to posses.

scotty

The Great One
I have the US version as well the audio is messed up in almost all of the audio plugins I use. I dont know where to get Azimers .13b, I cant find it in any site that I usually get the old plugins from. Any suggestions???