What's new

Should PJ64 work great with Zelda 1/2?

davidian

God I've been trying my ass now with different N64 emulators to get Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majoras mask to work properly.

Conclusion: Pj64 seems to be the best one to do the job.

I've got

P4-1,6 ghz
256 mb ram
Ati all-in-wonder radeon graphics card.
Windows XP

I think that should be enough to emulate those two games, or isn't it? :(

I get both zelda games running, but they're not 100% speed, but worse, the sound is very stuttering and messy, sounds very very bad. I've got a Sound Blaster Live sound card.

So what could the issue be? Bad graphics card? Bad Windows version? what? :( Got any clue at all?

OP
D

davidian

There is only one that works, if I want to be able to play at full screen.

Jabo's Direct3d7 1.40
Direct3d T&L Hal

If I try anything else, I can't run full screen !

Lex

davidian said:
There is only one that works, if I want to be able to play at full screen.

Jabo's Direct3d7 1.40
Direct3d T&L Hal

If I try anything else, I can't run full screen !

That should work???

It could be your graphics card:sly:

Slougi

How many fps do you get? P4 has a very weak fpu, so it's not as good as athlons or even p3's for emulation. You should be getting 60fps for full speed.

Merick

Since your sound is bad, it's probably the sound plugin that's the problem. Which one are you using and what settings do you have set?

kmmatney

From what I've read, running PJ64 in windows 98 compatibility mode fixes a lot of problems. You can try that. It has helped out a few games for me. I have Win 2K with an ATI radeon LE (flashed to be a Radeon 7200).

Last edited:

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
Slougi said:
How many fps do you get? P4 has a very weak fpu, so it's not as good as athlons or even p3's for emulation. You should be getting 60fps for full speed.

Bishonen = wtf? , Slougi is the only one that was correct, your cpu isn't fast enough, i ran pj64+MM on a 1.4 PIV and got about 35-50 FPS in town, and when you have low FPS the sound will stutter, nothing you can do about it...