What's new

Should I upgrade

FantasticDan

I like playing N64 roms in project 64 and was considering upgrading my processor. I have a AMD DURON 850 MHz, 256 memmory, and Geforce4 420 graphics card. The only thing I would upgrade is the processor. My motherboard supports the AMD Athlon 2100 which clocks at 1.73 MHz. My favorite game is goldeneye but I play a large variety of roms. Is it worth upgrading? I would apprieciate some help.

Greevy

Resident Emusician
Well, if you plan on using your newly-bought processor for something else than only N64 emulation, I would say go for it.

If you only want to get a new CPU to play Goldeneye, get an N64, 'cause nothing's better than the real thing.
(And it costs less money.).

Btw -> :emutalk:

Going from an 850 to a 2100 is a massive jump no doubt you'll notice it. It *will* make goldeneye a bit faster for you since its one of the more demanding games out there. :n64:

Plus a much better processor will let you play pc games in much higher detail too :holiday:

You can buy a real N64-console for that money! :D lol kidding... You need games too.

Okay, ontopic:

I think an AMD XP 2100+ is enough to play almost all N64-roms at something near full speed. I wish I had something like that! I hope you'll enjoy that CPU! :holiday:

scotty

The Great One
Yes Goldeneye is a great game. and as always a step forward is definately the right thing to do, I may not have that great system specs. but I plan in a few months to go and get a newer computer, im cheap, but I know when to get stuff

scotty

The Great One
mightyrocket said:
1964 too :getlost:

1964 is a great emulator. Project 64 needs a good system to run Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

Just make sure you are using good plugins when you are playing the game