What's new

Should emu 0.8 work?

OP
P

ph3n0m

thats what I thought, however no matter what game I try, I get a Direct 3D device error message

I have double checked that I have the latest drivers and I do have DirectX 9 installed - is there anything else I could be doing wrong?

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Likely a corrupted Windows installation. Please check DirectX by typing in by selecting "Run" on the start menu, type "dxdiag" first, reinstall DirectX and the video card drivers. If still the same problem, reformat the HDD then reinstall Windows.

Trotterwatch

I'd try, the updated Lemmy's plugin (Federelli posted it a while back), and updated motherboard drivers.

Also check DirectX, and try disabling all acceleration options, then run the tests, they should all fail; then enable them again. May help.

MorpheusEternal

ph3n0m said:
thats what I thought, however no matter what game I try, I get a Direct 3D device error message

I have double checked that I have the latest drivers and I do have DirectX 9 installed - is there anything else I could be doing wrong?

You might also have enabled a Dx9 feature that the vid card can't handle so it will error when it trys to set the Direct Device up.