• No.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Only if you can shoot the dog too.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • What's Duck Hunt?

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Kakarot

What do you think? I think a Gamecube duck hunt needs to be daveloped since duck hunt (next in-line to metroid)is the most overdue for a remake/new version. even with Time Crisis, Virtua Cop, etc. it still remains my favorite light gun game.
Whoops..three ?'s makes ??? ignore that.

Last edited:

Jaz

Ex-Mod
To me, shooting ducks just dosen't have the same appeal as shooting bad guys or zombies..

Duck Hunt can stay on the NES. :p

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
no man bring it back and let me get a shot at that stupid dog PLEASE. they can make that game HOT on the cube.

2fast4u

if they bring duck hunt on the gamecube im gonna code a lil game where u shoot the developers...lemee alone with this crap. kthx.

Josep

eyerun4phun
nah, screw it, its a classic, LET IT BE:happy: hehe, ditto, its an NES game, nothing more

RatTrap

GODLIKE
well Jaz.. what if the ducks where bad?.. like.. evil ducks from another world trying to take over?.. it could be like time-crisis only with ducks and the dog could help out or sumthing like that :D..

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
I'd love to see Nintendo take all its old Nes, SNES and GameBoy games, stick them on a GC disk and sell that. Hell, i'd go buy a GC the very day that disk would be released, or a pack of disks if all the games can fit on one...

Slougi

Malcolm said:
I'd love to see Nintendo take all its old Nes, SNES and GameBoy games, stick them on a GC disk and sell that. Hell, i'd go buy a GC the very day that disk would be released, or a pack of disks if all the games can fit on one...
That would be extremely cool. It would finally be a reason to buy a gc.

Why do we want to play old games?
Cause they are much more fun than anything new on the market.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Duck Hunt was sweet... But I don`t think that it would be any fun in a new version. Who the fuck wants to shoot ducks, when you can shoot zombies?
But evil ducks, yeah, that would rock...

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
You know me, I love killing things. But then the hunting games tend to suck nowadays. I don't know about any of you, but whens the last time you had fun playing deer hunter? or better yet, bass fishing? Pixels can't realy die so they aren't very fun :devil:

Flames....I sense them coming my way....6 O'clock, 2 clicks away and closing fast...

EDIT: the origional duck hunt was the shit though...emphasis on was

Last edited:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Slougi said:
Killing things is fun, you can get rid of your aggressions. Just make sure you don't do it irl ;)

hehe though I dont do it all the time your right, its human nature. All living beings naturaly take pleasure in doing the things necessary to survive....sleeping, breathing, mating, eating...even if it means that you have to kill to do so :)....though thats going a bit off of the subject of this thread...:bunny:

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
oh no here it comes.
back on topic now. people you would have to imagine the duck hunt game as a totally new expirence not just pointing at the screen with a gun and blowing 2d ducks out of the air. imagine different levels. different land. having the dog run out and do his job besides just laughing at you when you miss. imagine a sensor in the gun that would move the picture of the gun up and down on the screen when you move it up and down in your hand. and ofcourse on that disk there would be the original version as well.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Slougi said:
Cause they are much more fun than anything new on the market.

Then play them on your SNES, NES, MegaDrive, etc.. Or even on Emu.. But leave the classics as they are.

dixon

white trash , whore
I kinda agree with Jaz. And the idea of all the games on one disk, well, yeah, kinda good, but you could never ever relive the same effect of a NES/SNES/GB on a GC. Emulation is nice, and its good to play F-Zero upon occassion, but the DOS interface of ZSnes does nothing for me (as much as the original did)

Duck Hunt ruled, but leave it there :)

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
so get zsnesw. and what do you mean exactly when you say that you can never relive the same effect of the game on a GC. if ANYONE can make a PERFECT emulator for a nintend system it will be nintendo. and im sure that they will bring all the old NES and SNES games at least to the GC. untouched or altered. the way the used to be. nothing added. nothing removed.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
I take it you guys own each verson of Namco Arcade and Williams Classics for PSOne? :p

The point of making a new system is for new games. Personally, I'm fed up of sequel upon sequel. And one thing the games industry does not need is `classic compilation` discs. If they do release one, they have run out of ideas completley.

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Hmm, let me think... two NES`s here permenantly set up with guns specifically for Duck Hunt... but no, it should be left in peace. Bring back PILOTWINGS!

RatTrap

GODLIKE
hmmm.. i disagree with half the posts in here at least..

duckhunt, what is so bad about a new duckhunt game?.. all downsides in these posts don't seem like downsides to me..

a remake/sequel.. not a bad idea at all.. i would love to see a remake of duckhunt.. it would bring back one of the first games i ever played on the NES.. the idea has not been used for many years.. you could probably have diferent modes of play.. adventure: kinda like a timecrisis duckmonsters invade the earth type thing hehe.. or classic: normal duckhunting but with diferent scenery.. maybe even be able to move around and lord knows what more.. the posibilities are pretty endless if you ask me.. you could be hunting in the city with traffic or who knows.. if they made it cute you could hunt for flying koopa troopas or whatever with mario shooting and luigi dressed like a dog or something heh..

old games remade.. what's so bad about this?.. i don't see the wrong in this.. do you know how many great games have been totally forgotten in time?.. i don't know the exact number but there's a whole bunch of games i love to play on my NES and SNES.. imagine a remake of for example ice-climber, balloon fight, wizards & warriors or Faxanadu.. there's a whole lot more games that still kick the ass out of alot of games out there today in playability and addiction and just plain fun to play.. the only reason new gamers don't still play them is the graphic.. they see them and go.. ew.. usually only us older retro gamers still play those games because we actually know they exist.. and we know how good they are set aside the old graphics..

if they remade these games well.. they could really liven up the gaming scene for this generation of gamers plus for us who liked the old versions.. you must remember that just bcoz we remember these games it don't mean that the younger croud knows the games.. and if i could have it my way even more.. i would like to see the original games in the same disc aswell..

who is it gonna hurt?.. nobody.. your NES will still be able to play the game just like b4.. the only one ruining it for yourself would be you for saying it's lack of imagination.. and giving the whole thing negativity.. if after you've played the remake.. and still feel the old game was better.. you can go ahead and say so.. it really don't matter.. right?..

just because it's an old game.. don't mean it can't include something new and original :)..