What's new

SF3 Third Strike (Chankast?) Help

domiru

Hey all, I'm having trouble getting third strike to work on chankast (though it's the only game I've actually tried to run).

I have the Dreamcast Pal Fixed .cdi and have mounted it on 3.29. The game starts up and everything, but the graphics are really messed up:

This is what happens when Chankast is loading up:

startgw9.jpg

When it gets to the sega screen, it seems to work fine:

segago4.jpg

But when it comes to actual game play, such as selecting characters...

charselectly9.jpg

And gameplay...

playxb3.jpg

It totally screws up. Is it the problem with the image or something else? I appreciate any help I can get, thanks.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I'm going to make a blind stab at this and say that you have an integrated graphics card.

If I'm wrong and you don't, make sure you've got the latest graphics card drivers installed.

bjonla

i think is the version of the game because i had problems with that version of SF3, i have this "Street Fighter III - 3rd Strike (U) [ECHELON][CDI]", and i dont have problems :p

sf3chankastsk4.jpg

sf3chankast1kz5.jpg

Last edited:

akumashizon

I have the DC PAL FIXED.cdi version too and it works fine for me. I had problems before with the graphics being broken and a little messed up in places (and backgrounds during fights being overlapped on top of the players) but turning on 'Use ZWrite' (Options > Configure Video) did the trick and they work perfectly now.

Hope that helps.