What's new

Settings for Zelda: Majora's Mask?

lifeline2004

What is the best set up to run this game close to 100%?

My Computer:
Emachines W2247
+2200 AND Athlon XP
512MB SRAM
64MB GeForce MX 440

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
Video Plugin:
Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5SP1: Recommended plugin (although, continue reading). Supports this game very well. This is the only plugin I've tried where the Lens of Truth works at all in Snowhead, although the Lens of Truth slows my system down considerably in most areas of the game.

Rice Video 5.6.0: There are some issues with clipping. The Lens of Truth acts somewhat odd.

Direct64 0.5 alpha (2004-05-04): Works very well for this game. Turn Oversampling on, or the Bomber's Notebook will not display correctly. The Lens of Truth does not show walls you can walk or shoot through (Snowhead issue), although this may be correctable by playing around with the graphics options, or using the latest version. The latest version of this plugin breaks Oversampling, and thus the Bomber's Notebook, so I linked to an older version.

P.S. OrkinSampling is Anti-aliasing, so turning it on will improve the picture quality, but at a CPU cost.

Sound Plugin: All the sound plugins I have seem to work for this game. The default plugin (schibo's) is OK for most instances, and has a small CPU footprint. You may need this, as the Video can be intensive in some parts of this game.

RSP Plugin: Not required.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
With glide64 & hack's wrapper you'll see motion blur effects if enabled. They're a little slow, but cool nevertheless. There seems to be some (slight) problems with the textures, and I haven't tested the lens of truth, but that's not much to pay methinks.

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
Honestly, I hadn't tried Glide64. I try to avoid adding additional emulation steps if I can help it, and since I don't have a Voodoo card... ;)

Having said that, I do have Glide64 in my 1964 and Project64 plugin directories.

gandalf

Member ready to help
He had an GEforce 4 mX! it doesn´t support pixel shaders and neither Direct 64 Alpha.
Use Jabo´s D3D 6 1.5.1