What's new

Setting the Clock

pajma_bandit

I'm a new user of Chankast Alpha v0.25 and am having a problem with the dreamcast clock and also controller issues.
I think on the FAQ it said that the program cannot keep track of the date/clock.

I only have one game at the moment (Sonic Adventure) which i load from a CD using Chankast. after the dreamcast logo disappears I am presented with the "set date/time" screen. Here I am unable to set the time as none of the controls respond (i have them set to use the default player one keyboard keys).

Also, I was wondering if there was a way to prevent the date/clock screen from appearing?

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Chankast mostly borked your bios.
It happened some times. Try it again with a clean copy of the bios and it should work.

OP
P

pajma_bandit

thanks for the suggestions. MasterPhW, by Bios did you mean a windows file? if so is it easy to get a clean copy?

I did try using a different Dc_flash.bin file (this one from the demul program) but it didn't fix the problem. I'll see if i can get the file from an older version of Chankast or something.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Do not let the emulators create said file themselves. The file will always be corrupt that way. Get a "clean" Dc_flash.bin file from somewhere, preferably by dumping one from your own Dreamcast.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
thanks for the suggestions. MasterPhW, by Bios did you mean a windows file? if so is it easy to get a clean copy?

I did try using a different Dc_flash.bin file (this one from the demul program) but it didn't fix the problem. I'll see if i can get the file from an older version of Chankast or something.
Nope, with bios I meant the flash file, like Agozer already suggested short time after.
I just forgot how it was called... ;)