What's new

Serious graphic problems with Ikaruga

dark998

I downloaded ChankastAlpha 25 and got the Ikaruga disc image, that one that is compressed in 17 MB, i am able to load the game, however the graphics are extremely messed up. My specs are:

Windows xp home edition sp1
1.9 GHz
512 MB RAM
NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model64/Model64 Pro 32 MB with latest driver.

Images attached

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
You're videocard isn't sufficent to run Chankast acceptably. IIRC, it uses Hardware TnL to an extant, which the TNT series are not capable of. GeForce256+ were first to get a TnL engine, so upgrade your videocard and be happy. ;)

OP
D

dark998

A card upgrade? My computer needs serious upgrading, as most of the newer pc games also need T&L compatible video cards, so, what video cards do you guys have/recommend? I mean, for emulation purposes and compatibility with most games. And not extremely expensive, of course. :p

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
You have to give an amount, there are so many variations of cards out there. ;)

For emulation and moderate gaming, I'd recommend looking for a 128-bit GeForceFX 5200. It's not that expensive, and will do you fine for Chankast and will *run* all the newest games, even if at not the highest detail levels.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Don't exclude ATi and its budget set.. they're even better for Chankast since they don't have the stretching vertex problems. ;)

Budget cards include but not limited to the 9200SE (64-bit memory bus, not the best for PC gaming), 9200, and the 9550. Any of the three will be great for Chankast. Didn't really think about that in my previous post.. I've been scarred by everyone and their sister having a frickin' FX 5200. :p

OP
D

dark998

Thx for the replys guys, i did a quick yahoo search and man, these things are expensive, both GeForce and Radeon series range between $60 to $150, the ones that were less than $60 had 64 MB, but i would want a 128 MB, i dont want something that will become obsolete in short time. Btw, i did the search in yahoo shopping.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Check prcewatch.com. But Just so you know, $60-$150 is the typical price range for budget cards, so it probably won't get much better than that.