What's new

Selfboot image builder

Squaresoft74

Pceripper
Is there any existing tool/method to build a full selboot image on Hd only.
I mean a tool able to build the multisession image (audio/data) without having to burn anything at all unlike the regular selfbooter kits.
That in order to do some testing with Chankast and a virtual drive without wasting time/cdr burning.

Guru64

Yeah, that would be fucking handy. And a tool for adding, deleting and replacing files in a CD image would be very handy too.

OP
Squaresoft74

Squaresoft74

Pceripper
Thanks but that still generate a data/data session image.
After mounting the produced *selfboot* image , i can't browse the virual cd content while i can from regular selfboot audio/data sessions cds.
Plus it gives me i/o error , while the game i tested with , works fine in its original selfboot form redumped to an nrg image.

fatalM4

where can i find fastboot? i found many utilities called 'fastboot' on google but they were not related to dc

M

MegaManXGC

yea someboday should make a win32 based program that easily converts any DreamCast game cd image to a SelfBoot.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Man I used to do this all the time when I first got my dreamcast, i used to make the game on a CD-RW, then make an ISO with WinISO, then i used bin2boot w/ gui to make it selfbootable, then i used auto dummy to make the fille 700 megs, burned with nero and then played, worked like a charm.

OP
Squaresoft74

Squaresoft74

Pceripper
Well after doing a full Os re-installation to get ride of all previous problems :yucky: , i could reinstall Daemon Tool 3.29 again.
Thanks to it i can finaly mount those data/data images made with that fastboot kit and do all the tests i need without wasting any cds :).
Thanks for the tip OzTm :party:
Let's hope next Daemon Tool and Alcohol virtual drive will be able to mount those images properly.