What's new

Selfboot GUI problem

blaiser15

I have a problem, I downloaded the Exoskeleton GUI, ran it, and tried to extract an image file from a retail Dreamcast game. It said the procedure was successful and stated the location of the .cdi file, but when I look for it, it's not there. Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

IceWarm

Are you using a commercial Dreamcast game disc? If you are and you are using a normal CD/DVD computer it will more than likely not work.

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
hello blaiser15.check the latest post's of ExoBoot because as i can see you have a very old version.the newest version is 1,32.download this version,try again and tell me if you find any problem's again

OP
B

blaiser15

Oh, ok. I have a couple more questions.

Is Exoboot the same as fastboot? If so, which do you recommend?

Iffy question about BIOs, I had the english/jap version of the bios but that didn't work, so I switched to European Bios. My question is, is there a working englsh/jap bios?

How do I overclock, underclock chankast? I tried +/-, but there was no visible change.

Can anyone help me with configuring Jet Grind Radio analog with a keyboard? Everytime I try to spray a large grafitti, My keyboard configuration doesn't recognize the analog.

And Last, (sorry for all the ?) is there anything special I need to do when I burn a .cdi to a disc so it runs on a regular Dreamcast? (what burning software do u recommend, do I need cd-r, cd-rw?, anything I need to do with the .cdi before i burn?)

All help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Last edited:

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
blaiser15 said:
And Last, (sorry for all the ?) is there anything special I need to do when I burn a .cdi to a disc so it runs on a regular Dreamcast? (what burning software do u recommend, do I need cd-r, cd-rw?, anything I need to do with the .cdi before i burn?).

I don't know about setting analog up on a keyboard since I use a game pad that has both analog and digital controls, but for burning that image, the best method is to use Disc Juggler (.CDI images are Disc Juggler images). Use at least version3 (I use version 4). And of course the task you want to choose is burn image. Once you're at the burn screen, choose the Advanced tab and change the mode from CDDA to Mode 2 and check the box marked "Raw Write". Then just burn it.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Exoboot is a special and changed version of fastboot, which a great gui.

You only have to change some bytes with a hex editor to make a NTSC bios to a Pal bios. Try the Chankast Utilities, there it is onboard.

With +/- you will see that the CPU goes down/up and some more FPS are shown. Probably you need to under/overclock them a little bit more to make a visible change.

Jet grind have this problem often. Look on the compat list, there is a comment.
I wanted to play it on my Joypad, but didn't work either. Only thing you can do: play it on a real DC.

Burning is a question we don't talk about on a emulation forum. Buy the Original game, it's a great one or google a little bit.

END, a lot of question, but a lot of answers, too.

OP
B

blaiser15

another way

yeah is there anyway other than discjuggler to burn it cause I can't get the full version and the demo won't let me burn the image the corret way

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
You can download a small utility called "cdi2nero" which will convert the image to a nero image. That's what I used to do, and it worked pretty well.

diablo2121

teh diAbLo
I have a question for you guys. I recently burned a .cdi image to a cd-r using discjuggler. When I put it into my Dreamcast, I had to select play disc manually to play the game. Is that normal, or did I do something wrong when I tried to convert the image to self-boot? Not a big deal I know, but still a minor annoyance. :p