What's new

SDL Input Plugin

chinagreenelvis

I'd really like to get the Mupen64Plus input plugin working for other emulators, like P64. Is this even possible? Is there one like it out there already?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
There usually no point in coding SDL plugins for applications like Project64, since DirectX makes it a moot point. Project64 is not cross-platform to begin with, and SDL is usually a viable solution only when an application is developed cross-platform.

Anyway, have you actually tried to puting Mupen64Plus input plugin in Project64's Plugin folder and then see if said plugin is selectable?

Last edited:
OP
C

chinagreenelvis

I have, it's not.

The problem with current P64 input plugins is that they don't have any kind of automated way of telling if the controller is connected or not. The settings have individual tickboxes for them. Mupen64Plus ignores a controller if it's not connected but then autoconfigs it if it is. For instance, I use four wireless 360 controllers on my machine. If I turn only one of them on, Mupen64Plus has only one controller in the game. If I turn on three and restart it, it has three.

In P64, If I configure four controllers as connected, they all work just fine. But then if I turn off three of them and restart the emulator, P64 thinks that I still have all four connected. Since they're all set to use a "Wireless Xbox Controller For Windows," the one controller that remains connected now controls them all. I'm having a hard time finding an acceptable workaround that doesn't involve me checking and unchecking settings every time I want to play.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Hm. Judging by your responses in the other thread, the N-Rage Input plugin doesn't change things for the better, yes? I was about to recommend that one.

OP
C

chinagreenelvis

Yeah, that one's given me a big headache. In one version the result of leaving controllers turned off is that you get one joystick controlling four players. A newer version winds up with some kind of input malfunction where the emulator thinks that the analog is stuck in one direction. The latest version, which was last updated in 2006, simply crashes! LOL.