What's new

Screenshots wanted...

Simon

Hi guys,

My first post and i am already on the scrounge!

I am (along with a few others) creating an online UK centric Dreamcast resource and need a little help with some screenshots for some of the games that are in the Database.

What I am after is three screenshots per game comprising of the title screen, and two in game screens at the best resolution possible.

Here is a little WIP page for the game AQUA GT to show you what I am working towards...

aquagt.jpg

I have changed parts of this since this screenshot was taken, but you get the general idea.

I am looking for people who may be able to help me out with providing a few screenshots for this resource? Anyone other there who can spare a few seconds to do this for me? Naturally you will have full credit for any help you can give, and if anyone out there can help ongoing then I may be able to throw some beer tokens you way too :)

If anyone is available to help out then please drop me a PM and we can discuss what i am after exaclty. Like I said I am only looking for 3 screenshots per game, so as long as you are playing the game, taking 3 shots will take 5 seconds and will help me out, and the resource, immensly.

Your help is appreciated.

Regards
Simon

Mouser X

Well, I've been playing Skies of Arcadia, fullscreen at 1280x1024, fullspeed. In fact, I've been playing it specifically to get screenshots. I've got some very pretty ones, so far. However, I'm just a little over 2 hours into the game, so my screenshots aren't that varied yet. I don't have a screenshot of the Title screen, but that should be very easy to get. I have a question. Do you want pictures that acurately display the gameplay through emulation, or do you want some that are slightly edited to get rid of emulation glitches? I have both, but I'm working on getting rid of the emulation glitches when possible. If you want, I can load up some save games from further in the game so that you have more variety for your 3 screenshots. Anyway, nice idea. Hope I can help (though chances are that someone is going to beat me to it with the Skies of Arcadia shots, and that's the only game I have right now). Good luck with the idea. Mouser X over and out.

OP
S

Simon

Thanks for the offer of help, it is appreciated.

Ironically between those involved in the project we have access to the entire UK released game collection in its original form, and have considered using a tv card in a PC to catch screenshots, however this will be a last resort as the results will be pretty poor, not to mention the fact that it will take ages to collate them fully.

Like I said previously I have been lurking on here for a while now, following Chankasts developments and marvelled in the progress so far. I have also noticed the screenshots people have put up in certain threads and could have just copied them and used them, however I for one am not like that and wanted to get the screenshots legitimatly as apposed to just "borrowing" them.

As for the quality needed, well as close to the original image the better really, although small discrepencies would be ok, just no wireframe shots please! :)

Once again, if anyone can help me out with some / all of the 217 known PAL UK released games then not only will you get credit in the project itself (and I truly beleive that this will be the biggest project undertaken on behalf of the Dreamcast) I will also send those all important beer tokens your way too!

Regards
Simon

OP
S

Simon

Yepm the idea is to use Chankast to take the screenshots so it saves me rigging up a tv card and playing the games through that to grap the screen.

If using Chankast NTSC screenshots will be ok, after all the games are fundimentally the same are they not? Its not like Crazy Taxi looks different in the US as it does in the UK, so I cannot see why NTSC screenshots would be a problem.

Regards
Simon

Mouser X

Told you I'd get beaten to it. :p Though, the 3rd pic there isn't from "in-game," it's from the small "demo" video that plays at the beggining of the game. Mouser X out.

OP
S

Simon

Now thats what i am talking about :)

The first three of those pictures are exactly what I am after, although the fourth one for some reason does not look like it would actually in the game itself. (Dunno why just does not look right).

Cut scene piccies are good, im ok with them. In fact here is a refined requirement...

Piccy 1 - Title Screen
Piccy 2 - Cut Scene (any)
Piccy 3 - In Game.

Well as long as those posted there are ok to use, it's one game down 216 to go :)

Anyone else want to help out? Please?????

Regards
Simon

Kratos777

The graphics are correct in the 4th screenshot, I have the game for my real Dreamcast. :)

Anyways here's some Sonic Adventure 2. Cheers for giving me something to do, I hate Sundays. ;)

It's 6x AA 16x AF 1280x1024 resolution so it's the best I can get.

OP
S

Simon

2 down.... :)

How many could you do for me Kratos? Are we talking a good number here?

Regards
Simon

Kratos777

Here's Grandia 2, though it's wishful thinking that you'll get screenshots of over 200 games here... ;)

You should just use the tv card for the games you don't get shots of really.

Last edited:
OP
S

Simon

Thanks for the shots so far.

I may well have to sort out the TV card to get the ones I need, although any more that come this way will be gratefully acccepted :)

Regards
Simon

Kratos777

Jet Set Radio, you should get the logo yourself because I have the Japanese version. :)

Well that's all the games I have that were released in this territory and work properly on Chankast, I wish Chankast would read GD-roms as I have pretty much all good Dreamcast games released. I can't be arsed to rip all my games to my computer tbh, sorry man. ;)

Last edited:

Mouser X

Kratos777 said:
Well here's some of Skies of Arcadia, good luck with the site man. :)

Hey, that 4th picture you posted (Alpha Storm), what settings do you use to get it to look like that? If I have Z write and Z alpha on, it looks funny, but if I have Z write off, then the models don't get rendered properly (meaning, stuff that's behind them is displayed in front of them). Of course, I've noticed that both things I've just said change repeatedly, depending on the viewpoint it's viewed at, but it seems to be generally true. So, any help you may have to offer to get better shots/closer to the real thing would be HUGELY appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Also, that Power Stone 2 game looks interesting. I'm going to have to look for that one now... Nice shots, I'm glad someone can help out here. Mouser X over and out.