What's new

saw Transformers

Allnatural

Very very stupid at times, but enjoyable all the same. If you like big, dumb summer action flicks (as I do) you'll have a good time. Bonus points if you were a Transformers fan back in the 80s (me again).

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
This movie is weird indeed... has some serious action, and the goes to some stupid humour... and so on... It's enjoyable but it's not a master piece. I'm with Allnatural with this one...

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I loved the movie. Just the kind of action I've been wanting to see. :) People were clapping at the end of the movie too, and the theater was packed.

A.I.

Banned
I saw Transformers today and I thought it was awesome! It was funny, action packed and really exciting.

The action scenes were fantastic! So much action! I mean this was a movie where you got your bang for your bucks! You could see where they spent the money, where as with Pirates 3 just felt overblown and i couldnt see the money they pumped into it was justified.

Plus Transformers didn't lag. Sure the humour was sometimes corny but it balanced tongue in cheek humour with serious action perfectly. I mean you can't expect a mainstream audience to treat cars turning into robots seriously unless a little fun is poked at. In the end you accept it's just a movie and your Mazda isnt likely going to transform into a 100 foot robot.

Fanboys may find fault but i thought they did an excellent job. I almost cried when Optimus Prime looked like he was gonna kick the bucket. I want to see the original series again! The robots transforming was cool. The vehicles looked sick! This was the best Michael Bay movie yet! Will they make a sequel...duh! I hope they go to the autobots homeworld, it looked weird but wonderful. Would I see it again? Yes!!!

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

There were some huge logic holes that really bother me. This isn't really a SPOILER, but if you don't want to know anything about the movie before going in, stop now...

So Sam and the military have this all-powerful cube which the Decepticons can detect and will lay waste to the world to get their hands on. So what does military guy suggest? "There's a city nearby. We can hide it there." Great, take it into a heavily populated area. No innocents will get hurt there. :rolleyes:

And once in the city, military guy suggests taking the cube to the top of a building where Sam can hand it to a military chopper that will take it away and keep it safe. Uh, two of the Decepticons can turn into jets, I don't think a helicopter's going to outrun them...

There were other problems, but those two really stick in my craw. I still enjoyed it, but I'll have to remember to shut my brain off completely next time I see it.

MStyles

Did military guy know of the one deception that can turn into a jet?

And the only plot hole that bothered me is when one of the decepticons end up missing after the highway speed chase.

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

Did military guy know of the one deception that can turn into a jet?
Starscream had already fired upon them, and military guy #2 had said (paraphrasing): "That's not one of ours. It's one of the aliens."

smcd

I'm an older transformers fan (hello 80s cartoons and toys - i had several of the toys, really wish i still had them). Probably won't see the movie, though.

A.I.

Banned
Watch it on DVD, it will help you lower your expectations. I saw Ghost Rider on DVD and was glad i didnt waste my money at the movies. Still Transformers does look good on the big screen.

Pity they didnt make Transformers for IMAX like the new Harry Potter will be, which incidently is the first official movie to be made for IMAX.

By the way I was never a huge fan of Transformers, I was more into Voltron - Defender of the Universe - the robot which transformed into lions and vice versa. I still got the 100cm action figure with characters. There was also another Voltron which could turn into vehicles which was a rip off of Transformers or was it? Which was first, Transformers or Voltron?

Please don't hang me comic book guy! :D

Last edited:

GWXCORE

loved the movie. but was anyone else urked that bumblebee(the one with like 8 words in the movie) resembled a certain loudmouth car from the original? i wanna know why they changed the name. or made a "new" guy and made it look so much like hotshot? oh well