What's new

Saving on 1964 and playing on PJ64?

g00beRz

Peej
I have been playing Zelda OoT on 1964 since I got it and I want to play it on PJ64 now because it has better sound and stuff but I try to open it in PJ and Nothing is saved because I saved on 1964. Is there a way I can play it on PJ64 without starting all over?

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
first, make sure you find the zelda oot save file in the 1964 saves folder. then copy and paste that file in the pj64 saves folder. Also make sure that the save file matches the rom name.

OP
g00beRz

g00beRz

Peej
heh..

You don't think i tried that? It says PJ64 only can open PJ64 saved files. I tried the drop down window in the open window and It had no other options so I don't know what to do. :plain2:

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
i think i can see what you are doing wrong. You are trying to open the save file. You don't need to do that. Don't try to open the save file manually since the emulator does it for you when you run the rom. Also, when you rename the file, rename the first half to match the first file. but, make sure that the end suffix ends with sra.

(Ex: name the zelda rom file zelda64.v64 and name the zelda save file zelda64.sra. place zelda64.sra in the saves folder and then run zelda64.v64 through project64)

I think that should work if you follow the procedure properly.

Oh ,lame

Right know im not at home so dont have the emus at hand, but 1964 has an option to export or import pj64 savestates, use it!!!

(It's worked for me all of the times,but if it doesnt work,try again)

OP
g00beRz

g00beRz

Peej
oops renaming did not work. now it wont open the file. says it failed to open. am i a moron or am i a moron? I am going :crazy:

g00beRz said:
oops renaming did not work. now it wont open the file. says it failed to open. am i a moron or am i a moron? I am going :crazy:

Just do the following:
1.Make a savegame in pj64, any savegame, then see the name of the file. (inside the *.zip).
2.Open 1964, take yer savegame and "export" it to pj64, its an option appearin once ya deactivate hide advanced options or some, i dont know since i sayd right now im not at home...)
3.I dotn if it saves it in a *.zip or the savegame itself, in any case, take this last one and rename to the name in step 1.

That should do it....

Now i got it, its in the edit.. preferences...expert options checked, then cpu...Import/export project 64 save state

?

g00beRz said:
AHHHHHH it keeps saying it is not a valid rom! gahhh

Cant be more helpful man!!!, ive tried the procedure that i explained like a 1000 times with zelda (just to make a savegame at college with pj64 and then tryin to play at home with 1964).
Sorry :devil:
Keep trying...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Are you trying to open the state? ???
Do this, do like the guy said and export a state for pj.
Load up oot in pj. Goto options-->load...
Then choose your savestate that was exported with 1964. Happy playing.

OP
g00beRz

g00beRz

Peej
Ahhh. Still won't work. Ehh MAybe i should just forget it and play it on 1964. It isn't a bad emulator. PJ is just better.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Pj64 is better because of its sound plugin in this case.

Other than that you can use Jabos Video 1.5 and Jabos Input plugins in 1964 just fine

just copy them to your 1964 folder and select them as your video and input plugins.