What's new

Saving in Conkers

Sparky

How do I save the game in CBFD using pj64 1.4.

I read that the game saves itself on a real n64....but can't seem to figure it out on pj64.

All other games seem to save fine.

Or am I just missing something very obvious?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It's in the game :plain2:
You haven't looked just enough, I've found it. It's in the beginning if that helps.

OP
S

Sparky

really?

er...ok...if you say so...I will check around...

got this from gamefaqs tho :

"The game features three game save slots; one for each of the tavern's exits.
Your game is saved on the actual game pak, not the memory pak, so keep that in
mind. When starting a new game, select one of the empty slots and your game
will be saved to it as you play, allowing you to load a saved game after
returning to the game. "

am I just being thick, or am I missing the point?

6tree

I don´t really get your problem. You start the game, select game 1, game 2 or game 3 and new game begins. Then you play for a while and quit pressing start and so on. If you want to continue playing just select the save slot you first used (game 1, 2 or 3) and the game starts from the point it saved itself.

OP
S

Sparky

bloody thing :)

Does it only save if you choose "quit" from the pause screen then...
cos I played for a while...past the bee thing, and the catapult....I then closed pj64.....and when I came back to the game a day or so later, and went to "game1" it only had new game in there still...so I was assuming it had not saved.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I dunno how the game saves. Use save states if you're unsure and don't wanna do everything again.

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
I'm sure you would have to quit the game the games way before it will automaticlay save for you. If I turn off my GameCube while close to finishing the single player adventure mode of Super Mario Smash Brothers it isn't vey well going to record anything I did now is it?

Hottoast

couple of things worth checking:

1. do u have a [!] rom which has been verified by good64?

2. check the rdb file (open it using wordpad), for the save method.
it should look like this:

Save Type=16kbit Eeprom

3. silly question, but are you sure you are using project 64 1.4, because there was a problem with 1.3 when first released (the save method used in the rdb was incorrect)

hope this helps

OP
S

Sparky

answers

I am yes to all 3 of your questions...
I've not had chance to have a play around, so I'll give it a go tonight when I get home....but I did test it in 1964, and it saves ok....so I'm probably doing something wrong somewhere

;o)

Thanks for all your help.

Sparks.