What's new

Savage4 freezing

Xenomorph

Ummm
Could u plz help me!
I just downloaded pokemon stadium 2 and running it on project 64 but 1 heck of a problem, whenever u go into battle the entire computer freezes and i am thinking i need new plugins or i need plugins.I have a computer that runs it i can tel u it but DON'T laugh

AMD K6 400Mhz
128 Megs Ram
32 Meg S3 Savage4 video card
if that helps plz tell me what i need.:D

nyctis

I am using a ProSavageDDR video card, and am experiencing the same problem (game freezes after about 30 seconds). I just tried the fix detailed above, and S3Tweak didn't recognize my card. Does anybody have another workaround for this problem? If not, what emulators work with this card?

nyctis

nah my system is fine, im getting perfect 60 fps (120+ if i dont limit the frame rate)... before it crashes...

Allnatural

Sorry, I was refering to the thread author. Though you (nyctis) could also use something better than a Savage.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
i have a savage4 32mb and a savage2000 64mb sitting 10 feet away from me, locked up so i'll never have to see them again :p seriously though if that prosavage ddr is onboard at least get a pci geforce or radeon, they really arent expensive :)

Anton

I like beer
Tweakers doesn't help. I have Savage4 16mb - same problem.
The best way to stop this hangs - is to use Glide64 plugin + eVoodoo wrapper.
Yes, yes - We, savage users, must make an "UltraHle" from PJ.
The fps is good in this case, no freezes, but also - no sound.
(I didn't hear anything).
But graphics works just fine.

nyctis

Well there goes my 120 fps.... but thanks Anton, that works for me. 45 fps isnt so bad, although im guessing that Goldeneye won't run too well with this. I guess I might need that Radeon after all!