What's new

SaturnTV WIP

Dalthon

<ul><li>VDP2:<ul><li>increased speed
<li>added mosaic processing(now just for NBG0)
<li>added color offset function
<li>fixed some graphic glitches</ul><li>VDP1:<ul><li>increased speed
<li>fixed some graphic glitches</ul><li>SMPC:<ul><li>fixed a bug, input have been supported</ul><li>CDBLOCK:<ul><li>added IOCTL support
<li>added some commands</ul><li>DEBUGGER<ul><li>improved logging</ul><li>GUI:<ul><li>cleanup
<li>added a dialog to select drive
<li>show infomation in the client area
<li>added several accelerators
<li>now can capture a snapshot</ul></ul>
http://saturntv.consollection.com/

Cyberman

Screen Shots are interesting. Looks like it runs the start up bios just fine.
Does this use the same style plugin's that Saturne' has? Or is that a whole ugly ball of wax? :D
I'm curious because I've been tempted to write a special CD-ROM plugin and wondered if and how many variants of plugin DLL's there were.
The concept for the plugin is actually quite simple, it acts just like a normal plugin would save it handles a small window to display information about the status and disk access. IE LBA reads MPEG movie playing etc. Displaying information about the disk is another feature I've been considering as well.

Ciao

Cyb

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
AFAIK only Satourne supports plugins right now (I'm sure that at least Saturnin will support the same plugin specs sooner or later). It would be better to contract Fabien (or Runik) if you want to write a plugin since the specs for the next Satourne version might be different...

ZachB

So just out of curiousity, how many active Saturn emulators are the in development these days? It sure would be nice to see one really "break out" one of these days..

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Hmm... That'll be 5; SSF and Satourne (the older ones), Saturnin (Satourne's cute little "brother"), Yabause (the open source one) and SaturnTV (the newcomer).

Borisz

PsyMan said:
Hmm... That'll be 5; SSF and Satourne (the older ones), Saturnin (Satourne's cute little "brother"), Yabause (the open source one) and SaturnTV (the newcomer).
Yeah, its a bit unfortunate that SSF and girigiri are the only useful ones out of all of em.

It's totally like the early megadrive scene, ssf being slow but more accurate (KGen) while girigiri is very fast but horrible (like Genecyst).

I'm still waiting for Steve Snake to make a saturn emu, no matter how unlikely is it...

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Satourne also runs pretty fast (although you may experience problems configuring version 1.1) and Yabause shows some amazing progress (the Yabause site has pics of games running at about half the real speed).

Saturnin and SaturnTV might still be in early development but they advance as the time flows.

Edit: I somehow confused Snake with Snail. Snake created one of the best emulators for Sega systems. I made the mistake to confuse his name with the name of a person that doesn't deserved to be mentioned. Therefore I deleted my last *faulty* comment.

Last edited:

Cyberman

PsyMan said:
Satourne also runs pretty fast (although you may experience problems configuring version 1.1) and Yabause shows some amazing progress (the Yabause site has pics of games running at about half the real speed).
I've not seen Yabause but I've had my fun with Satourne. Maybe he should allow Satourne to be run by an external app that others can develope to handle the settings for games. The whole issue of emulating various games has always been how to tweak the settings so they work, and it always seems each game has different things they like. In any case I will have to see if I can get Satourne working under win2K hmmm. :D
PsyMan said:
Saturnin and SaturnTV might still be in early development but they advance as the time flows.
Saturnin ran on my 98 machine (which is now 2K) in fact it ran rather nicely. Didn't run a game but that's a minor thing :D
PsyMan said:
Regarding Snake... I'm not gonna say a positive word for him and his current "project" unless there's a difference in the compatibility, speed or accuracy of his "emulator" (and that excludes settings that can be added or changed through configuration files). Of course this is quite unlikely.
Despite the changes of Snake's "project" I'm entirely against messing up with commercial applications and this is not going to change.
Who is this Snake person? Or is this a dark secwet project that nuns shall pass?

Cyb

smcd

Just wondering if PsyMan got Snake and Snail mixed up :blink:

Snake: Kega Fusion and such

Snail: "Cassini"

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Dammit. I actually did mess up with the name :eek:
Was running Kega while writing the above post and it somehow made me screw the post up. :p

Borisz

Well, Satourne is fast and has (quite broken) sound, but its missing way too many stuff at the moment to be useful. In fact the only game I could get working on Satourne and nothing else was D-Xhird, and I'm sure I checked over hundreds of games. (And thats excluding checking them on ssf 0.07 as my comp has no SSE2)

Then again, it's supposed to have major improvements in the new version. We'll see. If it ever comes out that is.

(10$ says that Runik will come up ranting about that comment)

Last edited: