What's new

Satourne Ver 1.1P

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

1) Look early it was already done :D
2) It seems to be an issue with plugins actually. I'm wondering if the DLL's aren't run with the same authority as the application under win2k.
I tested the internal plugins with ePSXe and it works just fine with an ISO image mounted in Daemon or in the CD-ROM drive. However in Pete's plugin it doesn't work. Also the plugins for Satourne' do not work either. The only way that would work is if the DLL's were being denied access to the low level IOCTL functions.

Cyb

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Pete's plugin has a "don't wait until drive is ready" option. Try to activete (or deactivate) this option. Also try to use both the ASPI and the IOCTL interfaces (note that RAW reading using IOCTL does note usually work).

I'm going to ask you again... Does your mainboard have an nForce chipset?

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

PsyMan said:
Pete's plugin has a "don't wait until drive is ready" option. Try to activete (or deactivate) this option. Also try to use both the ASPI and the IOCTL interfaces (note that RAW reading using IOCTL does note usually work).
Hmmm let me check this.. might have something to do with it. Ok.. that makes it work (IE IOCTL SCSI instead of Raw). Interesting.

PsyMan said:
I'm going to ask you again... Does your mainboard have an nForce chipset?
No. :D
So far I am not thrilled with Via and SiS chipsets for Motherboards. They both seem to have a lot of bugs. SiS is just plain anoying in there support. At least Via puts useful information on there website. This however isn't the place to whine about it.

Ok Raw doesn't work SCSI ASPI interface does. (ponders this quietly).
I suppose the plugins for Satourne probably use RAW mode. (shrug). I'll experiment more. :D

Cyb

PS: I was able to get Radiant Silver Gun to run. My goodness is it difficult to get this Emu running! LOL. I got it to run ONCE after that I fiddled around a lot but can't get it to work. I think it boots to a certain spot then locks up. :D

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Are you sure that you're using Runik's CD-Block plugin? He posted a link to it on this thread. It's the only CD-Block plugin that works for me on Satourne. :p

Edit: Since you got it to boot there might be a reason that you can't now...
1. Try to use the debugger SH2 plugin.
2. Try to decrease the number of executed cycles from the options of the emulator (options->other options).

Last edited:
OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

PsyMan said:
Are you sure that you're using Runik's CD-Block plugin? He posted a link to it on this thread. It's the only CD-Block plugin that works for me on Satourne. :p

Edit: Since you got it to boot there might be a reason that you can't now...
1. Try to use the debugger SH2 plugin.
2. Try to decrease the number of executed cycles from the options of the emulator (options->other options).
Yes I'm darn sure. It seems one has to reset everything each time one runs a game on the thing. Even more interesting is the SH2 won't like a Reset (the slave that is). So.. It seems to leave Saturne' in a lurch :D

I am using the debugger Sh2 I suppose I can turn down the number of executed cycles (it says 26mhz equivalent speed or something).

Anyhow here is Radiant Silver Gun SCREAM capture

Runik

Saturnin forever !
Satourne doesn't like much the reset ... you should try to stop and restart everytime you want to test a game :p