What's new

satourne runs, then crashes

cube zero

I have now tried satourne with some success, I get the sega title screen and about 5 seconds of the game ( panzeer dragoon saga ) before it crashes with the message " Unknown opcode ( slave SH ) @ 0x0600c59c:0x0000 " any ideas what the problem is ?
I think I am going to save up a buy myself a copy of PDS of ebay for £stupid and save all this hassle.

Cheers

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Unknown opcode means that the emulator was trying to emulate one of the Saturn's SH processor instructions but failed, because the emulator didn't recognize that intruction. So the emulator crashed.

Last edited:

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Either use ssf like Agozer said or wait for the next version of Satourne. It looks like when the new version of satourne is out it will be the best Saturn emulator out there. Check out the screenshots from the official page :

www.satourne.consollection.com

Runik

Saturnin forever !
All instructions are emulated in Satourne. This problem happens when the execution jumps to a memory area that wasn't populated (because of a DMA access problem for instance)
But the problem is fixed in the next version of Satourne ;)

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Runik, will the satourne homepage be updated with new screenshots and current progress soon? I check the website everyday and it hasn't been updated for ages. And is the new version of Satourne more compatible with 3D Games than SSF? Thanks

Runik

Saturnin forever !
This list is a bit outdated, as some games work flawlessly in the latest beta (like Panzer Dragoon 1 & 2)
But that's a nice list anyway :)