What's new

Running at a desired FPS?

Adaman

Is it possible to run at a fixed FPS with pj64? I'm trying to play golden eye, and when i have limit fps off it goes at 180fps, but when i have limit fps ON, then it just tries to stay at 60 but drops a lot. Is there a way i can make it just it only runs are 60 fps? Seems like it would be possible...

OP
A

Adaman

I would still love to be able to run games at a desired FPS. It's possible with ePSXe so it seems like it would be possible with n64 emulation as well. Anyone know if any emulators feature this yet?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Mupen64 has the feature. Just press + or - on the keyboard - but beware - mupen64 is SLOW! Although it will run games such as mario 64 full speed at computer specs such as mine.

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
any word on when we'll be able to set our own fps on 1964 or PJ64. 1964 woul probly have it sooner, seeing as he's working on it...

OP
A

Adaman

[gloat]I just got me a Radeon 9800 pro and i run Goldeneye at 1280x1024, highest possible settings, and lowest i get is 108 FPS[/gloat]

But when i put FPS limit on, it still keeps dropping below the normal speed... i don't get it. I think someone could implement the desired FPS feature (Perhaps Jabo?) with a video plug-in update of some sort. That'd be nice anyways. Not going to happen is it?...Shucks :doh:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Can't be done. The core, ie the emulator is the one controlling the fps; the gfx plugin simply renders the gfx.