What's new

Run Very Slow

alex4862

:bye3:
Guys help a brazilian friend, pls,... ...I already installed the Dolphin in my computer (ps I have two systems Win XP S.Pack 2 and Win98) In my Win XP I can open the resident evil 4 with ISO image but is very slow and does not matter if I setup to 800x600 or 1024x768 or setup antianalising or not, the time of the delay is the same my CPU go to 100% and the game run slowly... because this fact my feeling is about that some configuration in my computer is wrong or not according the Dolphin.
And installing in Win 98 the plugins does not work.

Sorry for my english and, pls, I really to play this game.. if somebody can help me pls help me!!!

Dolphin V 1.02 installed

Athlon XP 2600, 512Mb DDR 400MHZ, HD 7200rpm, Radeon 9600 PRO, ASUS A7V8X-X, DVD RW.
OS Win XP SP 2 and Win 98
Thanks a lot

dukenukem

lord freiza
it's very simple,buy the game and the gamecube for fullspeed,all gamcube emulators are slow and will be some time before any major speed can be done.

Miretank

Lurking
yeah, you already mentioned that in the other topic. as I and everyone says, buy a gamecube (i know, the gc games in brazil are deadly expensive, but if you want to play re4...).

OP
A

alex4862

thanks for answering... ..but is really very slow... I can't play!!

Athlon XP 2600, 512Mb DDR 400MHZ, HD 7200rpm, Radeon 9600 PRO, ASUS A7V8X-X, DVD RW.
OS Win XP SP 2 and Win 98
Thanks a lot

OP
A

alex4862

the question is not the price here in Brazil Miretank, is about $300 here. But I dont like to buy a GC only for play REvil 4.
I beliave maybe that the problem can be DX 9c that I have or not... can be? I need to check if my drivers for my graphics card are the last one... ..can be? Why Dolphin not ready the plugins in Win 98???

If you wold like to help pls, write something that help end not tell me that I need to buy a GC....

thanks

Miretank

Lurking
oh sorry if you can spend $300 in games :plain: i don't have money to spend in candies :p
and nothing can help you unless you understand that gc emus don't run games in good speed ;)

OP
A

alex4862

Was my fault.... I sent a message for you....

I buyed today the Dolphin and the guy told me that this emulator run RE4,,,,,,,
rssssss ..... ....but thank you to inform me that Dolphin doesn't work good yet. I have FPS 3.4~4.5 in RE 4...rsss

I understand now...

thanks and so sorry again!!
brazilian hugs

Pky

Was my fault.... I sent a message for you....

I buyed today the Dolphin and the guy told me that this emulator run RE4,,,,,,,
rssssss ..... ....but thank you to inform me that Dolphin doesn't work good yet. I have FPS 3.4~4.5 in RE 4...rsss

Sorry, i had to said this. Lol..... I would never tought somebody would buy a freeware program

DR.BETRUGER

Banned
So does it means that the games will be slow with the current version of Dolphin, even if i have the fatest pc in the market; And the next versions of Dolphin would be faster than the current;

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
DR.BETRUGER said:
So does it means that the games will be slow with the current version of Dolphin, even if i have the fatest pc in the market; And the next versions of Dolphin would be faster than the current;
With the exception of a couple games (BAM and I forget the other one), even if you had access to the earth simulator, you'd still be out of luck. It's not your pc that is causing the slowdown, it's the emulator's code is not optimized for high speeds. So for now, just have some patience with then emu.;)

DR.BETRUGER

Banned
WHAT;;;!! So is it a Dolphin problem and not the pc; So the speed would be better in 1.03 with the same computer than in 1.02;;
My pc is: Athlon XP2200+1,90 GHZ
512 MB RAM 133 MHZ
NVDIA GEFORCE FX 5700LE 128 MB
18 GB HDD

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
DR.BETRUGER said:
WHAT;;;!! So is it a Dolphin problem and not the pc; So the speed would be better in 1.03 with the same computer than in 1.02;;
My pc is: Athlon XP2200+1,90 GHZ
512 MB RAM 133 MHZ
NVDIA GEFORCE FX 5700LE 128 MB
18 GB HDD
Obviously, as an emulator is improved, the performance of it will show.;) This is what is called progress. Newer version=more compatible and faster. And yes, the same computer running a newer version will get better results than an older version on the same pc.

DR.BETRUGER

Banned
I have try Metroid Prime 2 , Yesterday but it is very slow.. Also the are some glitces. So i want to ask Does anyone know if Metroid prime 2 has it grafics fixed in 1.03 like the Wind Waker;

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
DR.BETRUGER said:
I have try Metroid Prime 2 , Yesterday but it is very slow.. Also the are some glitces. So i want to ask Does anyone know if Metroid prime 2 has it grafics fixed in 1.03 like the Wind Waker;
Check the beta screen shots sticky. If it's not in there, then it probably doesn't work yet.;)

matt2110

Is there a project of a new version of dolphin?
If yes, is there an approximative date of the release of the new version?

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
matt2110 said:
Is there a project of a new version of dolphin?
If yes, is there an approximative date of the release of the new version?
You've broken a rule in your first post. Asking for a new version/release date of a new verion isn't permitted. Yes, there is a version 1.03 in the works, but release dates come unannounced. So just keep an eye on the boards.;)