What's new

RSP - Reality signal processor

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Smiff said:
I wasn't meaning to start any kind of war I just dont want anyone feeling like they aren't needed :) because everyone really is needed, there's something of a talent shortage in all areas.
haha... No war Smiff. I feel people look at my audio.dll as people do the rsp.dll. They don't realize how much hardwork was put into it. All I hear are gripes about dsound and the audio code. I REALLY HATE working on the audio code. No one is ever happy with it. :) Now in the same way as I do HLE, I am reversing Hydro Thunder's audio thread and hope to find a solution or a series of timing hacks to make it work.... as well as those other games which work at less then normal speed. All I must say is it's my last effort at working on the audio code ;)
BTW J-Bird. I never meant this to be HLE vs RSP. I just don't want to see everyone rushing to adopt the RSP spec and make my work useless. I did my audio initially for TR64, because they needed audio. I would have never started if it wasn't for their need. I still feel the same way. I also... won't reinvent the wheel... or make a just-as-good wheel if there is a better one. If you ask about graphics, that is different because I am doing it completely for my own satisfaction of having done it. The rest of Audio HLE is just work which doesn't bring the same enjoyment it once did (missing commands, bug fixes, and MusyX).

Cobra95

Conker missing world gfx bug

OK, I was wrong. Your D3D7 v1.4 plugin works fine in PJ64, Jabo. It's 1964 that causes this issue at nighttime in this setting:

Conker 1964 render with Jabo D3D6 v1.3
Conker 1964 render with Jabo D3D7 v1.4

The savestate is 1.8MB. Sorry:
Save state for this position (1964)

Update: I finished the game. Here's a normal eeprom save that allows visiting any chapter directly. It's only 2KB. Check out "The Vault" and "The Final Cutscene" for even more obnoxious examples of this bug.

Normal game save, finished (PJ64 or 1964)

Last edited: