What's new

RSP plugin memory leak

themind

a.k.a. hcs
I don't know if this is an issue with 1.5, but I've found a memory leak in the RSP plugin from 1.4. In the FreeMemory() function in memory.c there should be the following line:
VirtualFree( JumpTables, 0 , MEM_RELEASE);
There is already a line to free JumpTable, but not JumpTables.

I know you're not actively working on it anymore but I thought it'd be good to point out if you haven't fixed it already. I've made this change for 64th Note, as of version 0.05 this should fix the memory leak we've been having.

minkster

Wait a sec....are you talking about pj64's rsp from version 1.4? I think there isn't a memory leak in version 1.5. Did you try to download the service pack into PJ64's directory? I don't no anything about coding, but I dont notice a memory leak and if there happend to be memory leak, would the emulator tend to run slower in performance?

OP
themind

themind

a.k.a. hcs
minkster said:
Wait a sec....are you talking about pj64's rsp from version 1.4? I think there isn't a memory leak in version 1.5. Did you try to download the service pack into PJ64's directory? I don't no anything about coding, but I dont notice a memory leak and if there happend to be memory leak, would the emulator tend to run slower in performance?

Well 1.4 is the only one I have the source to, so that's what I'm using. It doesn't seem to cause much of a performance hit, but it loses about 100K each time.

olivieryuyu

hmm may be it's fixed, may be not, who knows ?

only Jabo and Zilmar ....

but in fact may be you can make a test to see if there is memory leak in version 1.5 (?)