What's new

Roms in 1964 are too fast

Kethinov

Hi. I have been playing a lot of super smash brothers in 1964. Works flawlessly using Jabo's Direct3d7 1.4 and Azimer's Audio 0.20b driver rev 1.1 but if I switch it to no sound, I'm no longer syncing the video to the audio (Azimer's Audio plugin option) and everything is waaaaay too fast.

Why would I want to turn off sound that works so well you ask? Because I like playing winamp and n64 at the same time. And I have to use no sound plugin in 1964 or I get both music, game music, and game effects. Not good on my ears :)

Any way I can fix this? The Video Speed Sync (F6) isn't helping much. It tends to make the game shift in and out of being too fast :(

If there's nothing more I can do, is there a third party I can use to mute 1964 but keep winamp playing?

I appreciate any help.

Last edited:

scotty

The Great One
Azimer's audio plugin is known to be fast for its HLE audio plugins. if you need to then use Project 64 and its default plugins. We both have similar system specs.

1964 has a good dynamic recompiler, and I hope that with Version 1.0 that there is a speed limiter like there is on PJ64.

Azimer's .4 beta 2 works best for games by Rare. I primarily use 1964 for those games since they need speed, and PJ64 is 20 frames per second slower with those games for me.

schibo

Emulator Developer
scotty said:
Azimer's audio plugin is known to be fast for its HLE audio plugins. if you need to then use Project 64 and its default plugins. We both have similar system specs.

1964 has a good dynamic recompiler, and I hope that with Version 1.0 that there is a speed limiter like there is on PJ64.

Azimer's .4 beta 2 works best for games by Rare. I primarily use 1964 for those games since they need speed, and PJ64 is 20 frames per second slower with those games for me.

1964 has speed sync, but if a game is too fast in 0.8.5, then it is likely due to timing. Try setting the game to CF=3 in Rom Properties, or press CTRL+3 in game.

OP
Kethinov

Kethinov

scotty said:

I tried prj64 and it seemed to work ok until I used 4 characters on samus' level. Then it lagged like all fucking hell. PRJ64 has always been waaay too slow for me. I love 1964's speed. I want a 1964 solution for this problem :(

schibo said:
1964 has speed sync, but if a game is too fast in 0.8.5, then it is likely due to timing. Try setting the game to CF=3 in Rom Properties, or press CTRL+3 in game.

I, in fact, tried that. I tried every CF number and it would work for, say, 5 minutes then the VI/s would start jumping all over the place. It seems to range now anywhere from 40 to 100!

I tore 1964 upsidedown trying to find a way to lock the VI/s at 60 but nothing worked. Not even the limit it to 60 option in the rom right click menu :ermm:

This is really discouraging and almost in a way it's funny. 1964's too fast for it's own good! :rolleyes:

OP
Kethinov

Kethinov

Here's some screenshots. Take a look at the amazingly way too high VI/s. Also note this is with the CF at 3 :(

Note, these insane speeds don't happen until after I've been playing for a few minutes. I had to kick Link's ass a few times with Yoshi on a very tame level before it would start doing this stuff. But sometimes it does it right from the get go.

smash1.gif

smash2.gif

smash3.gif

OP
Kethinov

Kethinov

sorry to spam the forum with a third consecutive post, but here's a list of things ive tried:

the video speed sync option doesnt work
the max VI limit 50 option doesnt work
the max VI limit 60 option doesnt work
the auto sync option doesnt work
changing the CF doesnt work
editing the video plugin to filter frames with the emulator doesnt work

there's only one thing that does, in fact, work

using the sync game to audio option in azimer's audio plugin 0.2b

with that being said, if there is no alternative that means i am _forced_ to have game audio :(

karth95

Lord of the Cats
he's said he did twice, but I'm concerned that it is not showing the check mark. I had to actually use the f6 key to enable it, for some reason clicking it didn't work for me.

OP
Kethinov

Kethinov

I said:
Kethinov said:
the video speed sync option doesnt work

Then you said:
Sayargh said:
and have you got this option [video speed sync] turned on?

:p

It sure is frustrating when you've exhausted every option offered in the entire program and nothing works. :(

OP
Kethinov

Kethinov

karth95 said:
he's said he did twice, but I'm concerned that it is not showing the check mark. I had to actually use the f6 key to enable it, for some reason clicking it didn't work for me.

Yes, I've tried activating it both ways. When it's off the VI/s can go as high as 130! When it's on it's not as bad as you can see from my screenshots, but still way too unstable. :(

OP
Kethinov

Kethinov

This drastic speed increase caused me to lose a life in this match! I never loose to lvl 9 computers in smash bros :(

Actually I'm posting this to humor you...
Screenshot of speed sync on with VI/s too high.

smash4.gif

OP
Kethinov

Kethinov

Doomulation said:
Kethinov, there is an edit button ;)
There's nothing in that menu that's relevent. ;)

schibo said:
So this only happens with the no sound plugin, correct ?
It happens with every sound plugin unless I turn on the sync gameplay to audio option in azimer's audio 0.2b driver rev 1.1

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Kethinov said:
There's nothing in that menu that's relevent. ;)

I can't figure out if you were being sarcastic or not. :p He means on your POSTS there is an edit button. So, you can add to a post, instead of making two or three.

It happens with every sound plugin unless I turn on the sync gameplay to audio option in azimer's audio 0.2b driver rev 1.1

Have you tried Azimer's 0.4, or PJ64 with Jabo's sound plugin?

OP
Kethinov

Kethinov

The Khan Artist said:
Have you tried Azimer's 0.4, or PJ64 with Jabo's sound plugin?
Yes, but the older Azimer plugin works better. It doesn't matter anyway. I'm trying to find a way to limit the VI/s without using a sound plugin.