What's new

ROM(s)

kite1

Ok, hold up... I read the rules, and how come people aren't suposed to ask about ROMs? I mean, how are we suposed to get ROMs to play if we're not suposed to ask about them?:plain:

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
People aren't supposed to ask about them because they are illegal to download in most cases, (unless they have been deemed public domain lost their copyright etc.) So to prevent unwanted legal attention, EmuTalk simply does not allow users to request roms. It makes life easier for everyone, and if you are interested in finding some, Google is your friend, but other then that, we just dont allow ROM requests here.

OP
K

kite1

Ok....As far as google goes, what are the key words for project64 games...I don't understand..

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
The Emulators are legal but the roms are not, Nintendo for instance would come down on emutalk like a ton of bricks if we allowed such illegal behaviour - As a result we will NOT help you find them. You're on your own with that regard...

WhiteX

kite1 said:
Ok, hold up... I read the rules, and how come people aren't suposed to ask about ROMs? I mean, how are we suposed to get ROMs to play if we're not suposed to ask about them?:plain:

WhiteX goes:
Don´t go there, son.
kite1 goes:
but sir...
No kid, we will not help you with that, now go home.:term:

OP
K

kite1

Ok.....First off, All of you people are messed up IN THE HEAD for talking like that; second, I totally understand that people aren't supossed to ask for roms; Third, I WAS NOT ASKING FOR THEM! I was just saying that, and I quote, 'I don't understand about the google keywords'; get it RIGHT!

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Like Allnatural, the moderator says and I quote him on this: "Sorry, this isn't a google support site.". GET IT RIGHT.

WhiteX

kite1 said:
Ok.....First off, All of you people are messed up IN THE HEAD for talking like that; second, I totally understand that people aren't supossed to ask for roms; Third, I WAS NOT ASKING FOR THEM! I was just saying that, and I quote, 'I don't understand about the google keywords'; get it RIGHT!

Baby, i´m all messed up.
Thought mess, thought WhiteX aka Cosmo Kramer!:party: :icecream: :yucky: :bouncy: :homestar: :santa: :term:
What!?
Gotta go, my neighbour´s dog wants to watch soccer with me. See ya!

OP
K

kite1

Roms

Ok....This is not cool! You people need to get your heads out of your a$$s and start treating your members with a little more respect... Because being rude like that, can lose members to this damned site

Martin

Administrator
On behalf of EmuTalk and its members, I apologize if you felt insulted. :)

As far as ROM requests goes, there are a few reasons. The main one is that roms are copyrighted material, and therefore illegal to own and distribute, and we wouldn't want our forums to get shut down if we allowed such activity.

I hope you understand.

WhiteX

OK, no more playfull thing.
Respecting you i must say that you are not allowed to ask for roms and not lead ppl to answer questions that will give you ANY hints on rom locations and how to find them even on private messages.
With this out of our systems, I welcome you to our community and ask you to not start any more threads like that.
Thank you.
Yours truly.
WhiteX

(posted while Martin typed, please disregard any double stands, thank you)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
kite1 said:
Ok....This is not cool! You people need to get your heads out of your a$$s and start treating your members with a little more respect... Because being rude like that, can lose members to this damned site
No offence but you haven't been here long enough to gain our respect and your first thread is questioning the rules.

Do you honestly think people are going to respect you for that? That's more or less how I see this. If we lose members like that I don't think anyone will have a problem.

If you want respect try not starting these sort of threads.

Allnatural

kite1 said:
We lose members all the time. Life goes on...

revl8er

That Damn Good
In the rules it clearly states not to ask for roms, therefore we cannot tell you where to get roms or we cannot give you hints on how to get roms. We aren't trying to offend anyone, but when thread such as this one comes along we give our opinions about the subject.

Last edited:

Miretank

Lurking
the most incridible is, there is a lot, no, a lot lot, oh hell, i don't know how to say this in english :p , but there is a lot of threads about ROMS in et. maybe the connection of one or other is too slow that can't show the magic button "Search". pfff...
and hey, no offense.