What's new

Rom Errors

Master Sword

A Freakin' Old Sword
a few of the games i have give me certian errors that only appear after a certian time or from changing some setting, like two of them are Mario Tennis, right after i load it up it gives me this error where it says somthing like "I need to add more GenerateSectionLinkage cause this is going to cause a problem" and then it says that twice then PJ 64 crashes and the other one i noticed was Monster Truck Madness 64, right after i load it, it gives me this error saying "Unhandled R4300i OpCode at: 8000527C break Stoping Emulation!" and i dont think its the rom exactly because before i changed somthing it was working fine

ok basicly my question is does anyone know what settings i would need to change to fix this, or would i need a new rom, or if you dont know could you tell me what the file is that holds the memory for the video plugin (im using Jabo's 1.5) so that i could set it back to default and then just fix it that way

ALSO when i was playing diddy kong racing after i loading the same save state like 15 times the game locked up and wouldnt let me load the state ever again-is this the rom or some bug in the emu? (dont ask why i loaded the state 15 times :colgate: )

thanks alot :pj64: :cool:

oh and if it matters i have a GeForce Nvidia MX 2 video card running on windows ME and a XP 1800+ proccesser ;)

BTM

Polish Emu Scene Member
thats ( the messg. ) must be the authors of emus or plugins side notes :]

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Ya first, especially the "stopping emulation" message is a sign of bad roms. Scan with goodn64 to make sure (link's in my sig).
Also make sure to "clean" the memory before loading that state. By cleaning, i mean close pj and restart it. Then windows will clean up all memory it uses. Or just restart your os, the best guaranteed way.

I don't believe it's a bug.

RJA

The PC Wiz
Master Sword,

Symptoms of crash:

What do you mean with your first problem you saw,
PJ64 crashed?

Did you receive the error message:

Project64

This program has performad an illegal operation and will
be shut down.

and the button "Details", who shows what type of app crash
occured.

The common crash shown in Details:

Details>>

PROJECT64 caused an invalid page fault in
module <unknown>

or

PROJECT64 caused an exception 03h in
module PJ64.EXE

Or

Project64 has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.

If using Windows XP:
Project64 has encountered a problem and needs to close,
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Are you getting the first mentioned above PJ64 crash:

Project64

This program has performed an illegal operation
and will be shut down.

Details>>

PROJECT64 caused an invalid page fault in
module <unknown>

when loading a ROM, before the game can start?

If you are receiving:

Error

Unhandled R4300i OpCode at x

Stoping Emulation!

you probably fiddled with the self modifying code handling method
setting:

Make sure the self modifying code handling method is
set to Protect Memory.

Under Advanced>Rom Settings