What's new

ripping ROMS from N64 cartridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

coleProtocol

First let me say that the rules do not say anything about ripping ROMS, only about ripping ISOs, so if this post is in fact against the rules, then I'm sorry and you can delete it right away.

Now, as the title states, I want to get ROMs from my N64 cartridges. I realize that this might by a newbie topic, but I've searched all over the place, and nobody seems to talk about it much, so this is all that's left to do. I have an N64, and a bunch of games I want to rip onto my PC so I can play them with the emulator I use (Project 64). The only thing is I don't want to spend money on an adapter, I want to learn how to do it myself. I also realize that ROMs are available for download of a good amount of my games, but again, I want to learn how to do this myself. I am willing to take apart my N64 and strip some wires and such, but I don't have much experience in modifying hardware to this extent, so I would need some good instructions. Also: my brother probably has most of the stuff "toolwise" that I'll need, because he's one of those people who work with tools a lot, and he could help me out with stuff like soldering, wire stripping, or whatever needs to be done.

So if anybody knows how to do this, or knows of some tutorial that I wasn't able to find, please help me out, I will appreciate it a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.