What's new

RiceVideo and Intel Graphics

xamenus

Hi,

I use an Intel Graphics Controller, and there are a few things wrong with some games. Some objects are solid white, and some Zelda graphics don't display right. I've tried many various settings, and I can't get it to work. Here are some screenshots. Thanks for any help. :)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Probably nothing you can do about that, Intel's chips are budget, not made for gaming and don't support shit for necessary features. :down:

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
IceFox38 said:
Hi,

I use an Intel Graphics Controller, and there are a few things wrong with some games. Some objects are solid white, and some Zelda graphics don't display right. I've tried many various settings, and I can't get it to work. Here are some screenshots. Thanks for any help. :)

I tested another things on my friend's COMPAQ with that Intel shitgraphics(R):
Stepmania 3.9Alpha 16~19 - Many errors and slowdowns.......
GTA VICE - many graphical issues.......
CounterStrike Condition Zero - only works correctly in software mode......

I think this is an engineering problem...... a budget card, really...... SIS integrated cards are better than Intel ones (two budget cards).......

OP
X

xamenus

Rice said:
You can try to low-end DX combiner, or the OGL 1.1 combiner for OGL.

Thanks, Rice. I tried that out and it helped somewhat (Mario's head showed), but unfortunately other graphics were sacrificed. So it turns out that the screenshots I posted show it the best way available.

And I've learned something else as well- Intel really does suck! :doh:

Thank you to everyone who replied. :)

yumero

i had the same problem before, use evoodoo wrapper with glide64 and the zelda graphics should come through. they wont be perfect but they should be better than what you're getting.

OP
X

xamenus

Well, most of the graphics during gameplay are great (Banjo-Kazooie, Mario Kart, Mario Party, DK64 and others are outstanding), but these are somewhat minor. I'd post another screenshot of zelda just for the heck of it but it won't work for some reason. Maybe later, then.

dazey238

Funny to hear all these problems with Intel Graphics - 810/810e/815 are all crap but if you have an 845GL or above you should be ok with the latest drivers.... I had Mario Golf running with jabos 1.5 with all effects at almost full speed with one of these chipsets and a Celeron 2.4.....