What's new

Rice's plugin doesn't work with PJ64 !

Floflo81

The best Zelda fan
I've just tried to use Rice's Daedalus plugin with PJ64 and I got an error message : "Failed to load the plugin : C:\...\RiceDaedalus5.4.0.dll" Is that normal or is it just my computer ? If this plugin is only compatible with 1964, that's no good... Well, even with 1964, Rice's plugin doesn't work very well with my computer. (I use Jabo's instead) Maybe it's also my computer... Or maybe I have to modify the settings but they are too complex... Can somebody help me to have it working with my computer ? (look at my computer's components below)

foogy

my p64 does the same thing, i wanted to use Rices Gp to play conker's bfd, but its fails to load........

OP
Floflo81

Floflo81

The best Zelda fan
Just one more thing : When I use Rice's plugin with 1964, the game starts, but there are lots of graphic glitches (for example, polygons appearing in the sky and no textures in the menus with Mario Kart 64)

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Floflo81 said:
I've just tried to use Rice's Daedalus plugin with PJ64 and I got an error message : "Failed to load the plugin : C:\...\RiceDaedalus5.4.0.dll" Is that normal or is it just my computer ? If this plugin is only compatible with 1964, that's no good... Well, even with 1964, Rice's plugin doesn't work very well with my computer. (I use Jabo's instead) Maybe it's also my computer... Or maybe I have to modify the settings but they are too complex... Can somebody help me to have it working with my computer ? (look at my computer's components below)
You probably have to copy some dll files from 1964 directory to project64 directory, maybe you should also copy RiceDaedalus5.2.0.ini from 1964 plugin folder to project64 plugin folder. In order to run this plugin "well" you should enable software T&L from graphics plugin configuration (If you see many glitches try changing combiner type).

PS: Download Rice's Daedalus 5.4.2 for better results.

Last edited:

4real

Floflo81 said:

If you want to use the new plugins from Daedalus just copy the 2 msvr71.dll's from 1964 into your PJ64 dir.

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
I see you have a radeon. Every Radeon card I've tested with Rice's plugin, it fails to work well. In fact, it looks like crap on every ATI card I've tried. I think it's mainly for nVidia cards. :)

Trotterwatch

I see you have a radeon. Every Radeon card I've tested with Rice's plugin, it fails to work well. In fact, it looks like crap on every ATI card I've tried. I think it's mainly for nVidia cards.

Works fine on this Radeon 8500 - name me some games you have probs with.

thsmar

Nividia v Radeon; I just noticed the differences in emulators

Having just purchased a laptop [AMD2Ghz/1.8 - HP Pavillion - Radeon Mobility(IGP320?) graphics driven] I noticed that some of the standard games [Goldeneye;SM64;Zelda:OoT] run extremly well in Project64 and have some major problems in 1964 (one of the older version and 099); the emulator folders were copied from my computer which has a Nvidia card where I had problems with Project64 and always used 1964. So a complete reversal. I admit, I haven't sat down and gone in depth with the settings yet. Still, it just show there is a bit of validity in some of the earlier comments.

And without the tweaks, currently the main problems are sound problems [so that'll be disabled] and fragments jumping out of characters, and artificats and miscoloration on the side of the screen. Otherwise, even without any changes from new installation, the game is fully playable and looks good, except for the rather frequent crashes in title screens and subscreens.