What's new

Rice's Daedalus vs. Glide64?

straight

Since I have a Voodoo3, I haven't tried other video plugins, assuming Glide64 would work the best with my card. But I see Rice recently tweaked Daedalus to work better with Voodoo3 cards.

So does Daedalus have some advantages over Glide64 on Voodoo cards? Compatability? Performance? Better graphics?
Or are Voodoo users just trying it because it's fun to play with new toys? :)

Rice

Emulator Developer
Glide64 is right for your voodoo. My plugin barely works on voodoo3 at this moment.

LD.

*poke*
The one advantage I can see in using Rice's plugin so far is working frame buffer emulation. At the moment Glide64 doesn't have anything like that, although it was being worked on.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Maybe we could get Gonetz to fix that :D
We can always hope :)
But as said, Glide64 is the best for voodoos. It's aimed entirely for voodoos as said.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Glide64 has Frame Buffer support (Thanks Again Icepir8! :happy: ), but Dave2001 a few months back removed it for some reason, I think because of speed issues. Gonetz is determined to get Frame buffer support working on Glide64 again. So dont worry :)

Rice

Emulator Developer
Then it will be up to evoodoo to emulate glide frame buffer into DirectX. There maybe a way to do so, otherwise, the glide frame buffer will be only available to real voodoo cards.

scotty

The Great One
I dont have a Voodoo card, so I would take anyones word, I tried using a glide wrapper in my plugin folder, but I dont get anything out of it.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
scotty said:
I dont have a Voodoo card, so I would take anyones word, I tried using a glide wrapper in my plugin folder, but I dont get anything out of it.

You dont put the wrapper in your plugins folder, you put it either in the root Dir of the Emu or Windows/system32 folder

Laahel

maybe a stupid question but well erh.....

what will this frame buffer emulation do ????

what is frme buffer doing ?? and what will the differences be between with and without frame buffer ???

just curiosity, thanks in advance

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well...there is numerous diffrent things.
For example, the menu in oot: you'll see it's transparent. It actually copies the image where link is for this to work. The equipment picture of link requires framebuffer.

This is what it is usually. There's more, but i think that about sums it up what it is.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
What framebuffer reading emulation does is it lets games take a screenshot. It can be used for various things, such as menus in Zelda, Puzzle effects in Banjo, etc.