What's new

Rice's Daedalus Plugin 4.4.0

fweak

i had excellent result with 3d analyze (not zer, lol) and i took a screen shot of mk64 with my radeon 7500 using pj64/daedlus4.40 opengl mode- perfect representation of what i get with opengl

some polygons arent closed and the title text is somewhat doubled.. check it out :)

Last edited:

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Actually, a lot of Radeons are having trouble with D3D mode. The infamous depth buffer problem...

To clarify what's going on, the polygons are absolutely perfect for fweak. The problem with the karts seems to lie with the plugin leaving gaps between sprites that should be adjacent. I've no idea why this happens, but it does and Rice is the only one who could fix it.

The problem with the text is even more baffling. I've no idea why it happens, but the same thing happens for me so at least he isn't alone.

Of course I could be wrong in any of this...

Trotterwatch

Actually, a lot of Radeons are having trouble with D3D mode. The infamous depth buffer problem...

As I mentioned earlier (someone else discovered this) 3D Analyse and either Enabling HW T&L Caps Emulation, or Software T&L forcing solves the buffer problems using D3D and a Radeon.

I will post a picture of Mario Kart....

scotty

The Great One
It is a good video plugin, however I still use Jabo's plugin because the more complex games (like Perfect Dark, Turok 2) still mess up like many plugins. It still needs a little work, but now That Jabo isnt working as much on emulation it is good to see that things are coming along.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
LazerTag said:
Couple odd issues for me.

If I select anything but low, medium, or high end video card on the "Combiner type" all I get is lots of white like this on my GF4.

Rice said:
(I don't know Geforce3/4, I think this combiner should still work for Geforce 3/4. If not, then you have to use High End DirectX combiner for Geforce3/4).

Ahhh, guess that answers that.

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Trotterwatch said:
As I mentioned earlier (someone else discovered this) 3D Analyse and either Enabling HW T&L Caps Emulation, or Software T&L forcing solves the buffer problems using D3D and a Radeon.
I also mentioned that I don't have this tool and have no idea where to find it. Care to help?

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Lillymon said:
I also mentioned that I don't have this tool and have no idea where to find it. Care to help?

Lillymon, post number 11 by Trotter from this same thread, has a link to get that program

Trotterwatch

Go read all the posts in this thread again, and then prepare to cringe in embarassment.

You not only missed the part where I originally posted the link to this file, but you also missed the part where I told you to refer to that part (in reply to your question)..... sigh!!!

fweak

ok to clarify the screen shot w/ opengl was for rice, i dont use it here i m with the 3d analyze thing and most 3d demanding games are ok with my radeon 7500, but still use jabo for paper mario thoug:/ btw is there truly a d3d7 1.4 from jabo's? lol sorry i know it aint the place to ask

thank to the team for the great results i get :)

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
You just need to use the high end directx combiner for Geforce 3 / 4, not the default one.

Rice

scotty

The Great One
Rice said:
You just need to use the high end directx combiner for Geforce 3 / 4, not the default one.

Rice

Tweaking video emultion is risky, this situation is not needed by trail and error, is works for me. I assume that it probably works welll for everyone else. Video emulation is a very deicate matter in Nintendo 64 emulation I can tell by the way the graphics come out from various plugins. As I said earlier, it works pretty good for many games.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
What I mean is that you should use high end combiner instead of the Nvidia TNT combiner for Geforce 3/4 because the way Nvidia supporting DirectX combiner stages is changed in Geforce 3/4, the TNT combiner is not working anymore. It is not risky, you have to do it if you have geforce 3/4.

mngoldneagle

Suggestion?

Umm... is it possible to make a graphics plugin feature where it automatically exports objects (or even worlds, whichever's easier) into a DirectX object file (*.x)? I was also wondering if it were possible to export the textures as well.