What's new

Rice's Daedalus 4.6.0

Rice

Emulator Developer
I don't think I can fix all the problem in one release even I tried to do so.

I would like to release it anyway in order to free me from working on it, because I have to shift from it and to prepare my exams, even though it is not actually a good time to do a release now as I am still working on many of the problems.

Anyway, the new release still has a lot of new things and lot of bug fixes, and it is worth many people to give a try.

---- Quoted from the Readme file ------

What news:

- The biggest improvements in this released should be supporting of more Rareware games and big improvements of game play quality.

- The following new Rareware games are supported now:
* KI Gold
* DKR
* PD
* Mikey Racing Challenge
* Conker (partially)

- Improvements of game play quality:
* You will see the almost perfect texture aligning, (almost)
no thin black lines any more.
* Texture loading bug fixes, many texture problems should be fixed.

- Full screen mode for both OpenGL and DirectX

- Using INI file to store extra ROM options. ROM specify options
can be changed during game playing, default options can be changed
before game play with the same config dialog box

- 2D Clipping support in both DirectX and OpenGL

Bug fixes:
- DirectX combiner automatic setting, fixed. The option "best fit
to you video card" is working now.
- Some other OpenGL and DirectX combiner bug fixes for certain games.
- Many other bug fixes.

Other games improved:
Many problems were fixed for many games, I can not remember all
them, the following games are as I remembered.
- Waverace 64, menu
- Monster Truck, texture
- Mystical Ninja, speed is much up, playable now
- Nascar 2000, playable now
- Kirby 64, texture
- Aidyn Chronicles
- Armyman Air Combat, texture alignment
- New Tetris, texture alignment
- Others

New ucode:
Starware Rogue Squadron, Battle for Naboo, Indiana Jones and Infernal Machine start to show something. Of course they are far from playable.

Known problems: See the readme file.

Clements

Stunning release! OpenGL works in fullscreen! Yay! ...and the black lines have gone! :)

Mystical Ninja has sped up dramatically since last release and is as fast as Jabos in-game for me now if not faster (30fps)

Jet Force Gemini looks really great with 2XSAI (first plugin to do it!)

Mickeys Speedway USA works great (few insignificant graphics errors with the drivers like wheels missing on one side)

Conkers Bad Fur Day is on the way!

Perfect Dark goes from being not supported to playable in one release! The 2XSAI really shows in these particular games! Keep up the good work!

/me is off to enjoy playing some Rare games with Rice's Plugin

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Clements said:
Mystical Ninja has sped up dramatically since last release and is as fast as Jabos in-game for me now if not faster (30fps)

Clements, thanks.

I think you should be able to get much faster speed with Mystical Ninja with your CPU and video card. I can manage to get about 40 fps on my PIII-600 Mhz and Geforce2 MX400 at resolution 640x480 32bit.

Clements

I know what I did wrong- I turned on 2XSAI! As soon as I turned it off, I got 60fps! Excellent! :) Much more accurate than 1964 Open GL Graphics build 4.5.0 I was using, and is faster! Wow.

Martin

Administrator
Sweet!

/me goes to add it to the database and posts n00z at Emu64. Great job Rice :D

scotty

The Great One
This plugin is great, Perfect Dark is a little slow, but the quality of the graphics is almost perfect.
Goldeneye is not really great(I blame my copy of the ROM actually)

All the other games I play work with no or very small errors.

I just cant beeleive the quality of the graphics from the plugin.

Keep up the good work, and good luck Rice

Clements

Probably not the rom as I have the (U) [!] version. In the following screenshot I am using OpenGL, and DX is the same. Its worse than 4.5.0, but Rice did say that a few games are broken and will be fixed.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Clements, Jabos is very very slow ingame with mystical ninja. ;)

anyway, rice it runs at full speed the only problem is the huge depth problem as you can see...

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Yeah its very good

Edit: Odd, Mystical ninja has no such depth problems with opengl.. but it has issues of its own like some of the characters faces in the main town... :p

ah well its the best plugin for that rom at the moment :happy:

positive feedback: Banjo-kazooie is very nearly perfect

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Sayargh said:
Yeah its very good

Edit: Odd, Mystical ninja has no such depth problems with opengl.. but it has issues of its own like some of the characters faces in the main town... :p

ah well its the best plugin for that rom at the moment :happy:

positive feedback: Banjo-kazooie is very nearly perfect

Sayargh, I don't have depth problem with either DX or OGL.

lasly

Joe Silvera
As Usual , a perfect work with our big thx ..

As feedback, I have to tell that the option " fit your video card " is still not working for me.

I Still own a geforce 4 ti 4200 so , as the previous release , I have to choose " high end video cards" to have the wanted result.

Many problems seems to be fixed

Thx one more time rice

See ya

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
ya, right, "fit your video card" does not work for Geforce 3 and Geforce 4/Ti, you have to manually select high end combiners.

scotty

The Great One
Clements said:
Probably not the rom as I have the (U) [!] version. In the following screenshot I am using OpenGL, and DX is the same. Its worse than 4.5.0, but Rice did say that a few games are broken and will be fixed.

I was using DX for mine, I have the U ! version as well. It is bad, but No plugin works the game perfectly, Jabo's has errors with the Severnaya outside with mine, I never used Glide so i dont know about that.

Psicomantis

Could anyone suggest me a good configuration of this plugin for a nVidia TNT 2? Normaly I receive a error message when I try to put in a OpenGL mode.

PD: My version of Detonators is 41.09.