What's new

Rice's Daedalus 4.1.0 beta1 feedback thread

Raziel64

Glide64 beta tester
Rice...

Can you rebuild it for dx7?... I`m a banshee user and with this card the plugin only shows strange colors and very, very poor graphics.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Re: Rice...

Raziel64 said:
Can you rebuild it for dx7?... I`m a banshee user and with this card the plugin only shows strange colors and very, very poor graphics.

No, I can not.

DirectX7 is quite different from DirectX8, function calls are all different. It is a big job to port it back to DirectX7.

I believe Banshee only support 16bit buffer, and this plugin does not support 16bit very well.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Why don't you just buy a game magazine so you have directx8? Not a hard deal, is it? You'll probably need it later, as well. Save poor rice from porting it :(
He can spend that time on doing better things instead :)

Raziel64

Glide64 beta tester
:)
In fact, I have Dx9 final installed, but this don´t fix my problem. Anyway, if Rice can fix this later (not only for me, mostly low-end-vid-card users will apreciate it), I´ll just wait.

Rice: you´re right, Banshee only supports 16 bit buffer.:(

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
As I was saying in that other thread, testing one game at a time:

Mario Kart

Not a serious glitch but it is quite noticeable, lines throughout the sprites used in the menus, there are bigger problems though, as i will get on to...

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
just for complete bug report:

I use DirectX 9 Final
Detonator Driver Version 4.1.0.9 (for Geforce 4)
Windows XP
Running on 16bit color

Specs in my Sig

and here are my settings for the plugin:

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Re: Build for DirectX 8.0a

Rice said:
This build is linked with DirectX 8.0a library, it is not a replacement, but just for whoever does not have DirectX 8.1 installed.
It still gives the same D3DERR_INVALIDCALL MessageBox... and then "Unknown Error in Daedalus D3D plugin ProcessDList" and freezes.